New Player welcome, Hell?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Deathblow, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Just asking how do I play this game? Honestly there is no clear way to log into the game. Think about that.

2. Katu

Katu Avatar

Start the game, from where every you downloaded/installed it, enter your credentials, log in?

3. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Actually it isn't clear. Updates haven't changed much in a few years. And I donn't really want to hang out with the devs. There isn't many other choices. This game is asking too tank.

4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

To me it isn't clear what exactly your problem currently is.

Scanphor, Elwyn, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Just stop and RE read your own post there...
    Download the client through the port site or through Steam -> start it -> wait for the updates to finish -> login and play. How hard can it be?
    This seriously said more about you.. I am surprised that you could even make a post on the forum....

Scanphor, Sorthious and Jaesun like this.
  6. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

Either link your account to Steam and log in with the green log in with Steam button OR put in your account name and password on the log in screen and log in.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If you played before, don't try to log in with your character name. You've got to use the account name.

8. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Ha! Feeyo. I Can afford to throw monies out into the street better than Richard can. I'm simply pointing out a problem. Your attempt of insult won't fix it.

9. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Sorry Feeyo. Apparently I'm missing over 800% of the game.

10. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

This thread is now about something else.

THE SPANISH INQUISITION?!?!?

Feeyo, Sorthious and Lazlo like this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Like this?

[​IMG]

Sorthious and Feeyo like this.
  12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

not sure how the OP's issue has anything at all to do with SOTA, seems like this issue would exist with any game lol.

download game
    enter account info
    play

13. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Try this link, @Deathblow :)

Aldo and Verit like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sorry you are having problems getting started. Ive been here since 2013 and every month the last Thursday of the month a new release adds more to the game.

I'm also sorry you got such flack from others for what in your opinion might have seemed like a comment said in frustrations. Many of us are a little defensive of devs we have grown to love and a game we love. I'm not saying it doesn't need things or that it is done by any means. I'm saying some have more patience than others and have not lost all faith to keep rallying for game improvements that I feel will add so much more wonderful to the game.

I don't quite know what your total frustrations are but it seems you want to play perhaps a magic build or archer perhaps. If you would like advice to build your character ask for it. Also to get stronger try looking for a group. You access this under alt f.

In regards to the updates not changing much in years are you speaking of combat specific things or over all game things?

Some new systems we've gotten are:)

An in game mail system. You can send almost anything in your inventory to another player or even to yourself. We can craft mailboxes or go to a bank building to use theirs. I can trade you that recipe and many others when I get back in game next Thursday the 23rd.

Of course as mentioned we recently got the looking for group system.

We now have sheet music we can make. We can make them and give to others who don't have the abc files. We can also sync songs together with quite a few instruments. I think it's really a blast. I have around 2000 songs I can put to sheet music.

We also got our rental/tenant system. Anyone can add another player to the guest/ tenant on their lot stone or lot sign. I never charge rent but offer free rooms to anyone in my Inn. Then you can just right click a door to add their name and no one can take their stuff.

You can customize chat windows and make a conversation chat window. Just drag a tab out and resize it and click on the blue gear to take out all but conversation options.

Fishing is getting its long awaited update in R58. Here's hoping it is awesome adding lots of details like bait types and new recipes and fish weights.

Yay we are getting furniture dye soon.

Also finishing all 3 quest lines gets you a taxed row deed that is not tradeable. Taxes for rows were lowered by half to 250 gold.

I am in Wizards Rest behind Hidden Vale. Check my bulletin board for game tips.

And this game is fully crowd funded and buy to play so always it will need those funds to keep developing and improving but once you have bought it you are good to go unless you want to get anything else.

So as mentioned I had to leave town to help with my mom well I wanted to also but I'll be home in Less than a week and I'd be happy to help or show you around anytime too. Take good care. I'm Majoria in the game whisper me anytime.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Rinaldi and Spoon like this.
  15. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

With that said, I'm sure there are people who are willing to give you all the help you need to get you into the game @Deathblow , but you haven't really given much of a description of what your problem is. It's like going to a doctor and saying 'I hurt, fix me!' and never telling the doctor where you hurt. Are you stuck downloading the game, stuck at the log-in screen? Does the game not load up at all? Provide some more information and you will get tons of advice.

Elwyn, Innascual Inch, Spoon and 5 others like this.
  16. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I am sorry but I have to agree with many others in this post. Making a blanket statement condemning the game without saying what the real problem is not really asking for help.

I think @majoria70 did a wonderful job of many helpful tips.

FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  17. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

@Deathblow if you are on discord, message me (Lesni#2943) and I will assist you.

Rinaldi, Spoon and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.