Need to know when im able to play please.

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Fearce, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fearce

Fearce Avatar

Hey Guys

i just found this awsome game and are about to pledge to be able to play it. But is there a limited time we are allowed to? Or is there any kind of testserver open 24/7? And how much do i need to back to get access to all stages?

Thanks in advance!

2. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

Right now there are only windows we can do Testing for them, Today is the last day of this window, the next one isn't till the end of February.
    If you have any more questions, Jump on to IRC and we can get you sorted!

Welcome to the Community!

3. monxter

monxter Avatar

Hi and welcome!
    Like stated above, Release 2 testing is almost at end, but there are 2 more pre-alpha test releases coming up which you can gain access to as well as alpha / beta.

4. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Pledging $45 gets you all alpha/beta and full game access for the first game. This is a 5 game series I believe it's the $135 explorer level gets you all 5 alpha/betas and full games.

I heard they are extending the beta to Monday? I don't know when the exact cut-off is. But yo wont have long left to check it out til the next test phase in Feb.

In March we'll likely get a nice long test as it isn't listed as being limited to just a weekend.

5. Fearce

Fearce Avatar

Hey and thank you for the quick answers. Im a bit smarter now but i still dont know what this game series is? So with just 45$ i will only have access to the first game and with 135+$ i will have the possibility to get in all 5 games? But what is that games about? i really dont get it and tryd to google ... but the saga ends here... i really cant figur it out. I just want to be in all alphas/betas. What do i need to buy then? :)

6. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

$45 is what it takes to get into the current alpha/beta, you could upgrade your pledge later if you decide you like what the game is all about.

So what is it all about? It's a story-driven RPG with multi-player aspects. It's not quite an MMO, but it's not your standard RPG since it has a persistent world and you can choose your level of interaction, from single player, to friends only, to open play online which brings in strangers that have similar interests or goals as you do, or live in the same region.

Story is being written by Richard Garriott (Ultima games) and Tracy Hickman (Dragonlance novels).

It has Game Designers that started the RPG genre (Richard Garriott, Dallas Snell) and Darkstarr was listed as the most influential MMO game designer. A lot of the coders/designers/artists have tons of experience in these genres so you can expect good things.

You can expect to be in a new world with magic and adventures, puzzles and a lot of moral decisions. It will challenge you on many levels. It will have an indepth crafting and combat system. You should read the FAQ on the main website. There will be player owned non-instanced housing.

7. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Here is a link to the FAQ

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19

Oh, each Game will indeed be a full game, but the story will advance through a series of 5 games. I expect we'll reach a satisfying although short lived(Till the next game) conclusion in each game.

8. monxter

monxter Avatar

Well they have extended R2 with a day! I'll take my previous words back, you'll have plenty of time to do testing with the 45$ pledge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.