[Referred to Support] Website store

Discussion in 'Website / Forum / Discord / Documentation Issues' started by ConjurerDragon, Mar 30, 2024.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I get an error when I try to purchase the 10.750 COTO / 80 US$ pack.

I tried that yesterday during the stream and after again and today again.

I can chose "Paypal" and log in but at the very end I get:

"
    Checkout
    Sorry, there was a problem with your payment. It was declined by PayPal or an error occured. To be safe, we didn't charge you. Please try again later, or contact us at support@shroudoftheavatar.com if you keep seeing this."

The Webstore usually works for me, the last time I successfully bought something was on March, 15th, this year.

2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

I have had one other player advise of this error as well. PayPal is denying the purchase for some reason. I see no failed transactions on our side. The other player also indicated that his bank saw no attempt from PayPal to complete a transaction. So it's not the bank denying it either.

If you have a transaction ID from PayPal, please reach out to Support@shroudoftheavatar.com with the details so I can reach out to our liaison at PayPal.

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

1) I tried today again to use the Webstore. Instead of trying to buy 1 I tried to buy 2 10750 packs. Same result, same error.

2) My Paypalsite does not acknowledge any of those transactions. It does not even list them as failed transactions. It´s as if after March, 15th no transactions in Paypal happened or failed on my account.

I did have a problem with the Webstore last year during a sale when I tried to buy a combo of the 10750 pack and a bank expansion - same error as now. However when I split that up in two purchases it worked.

4. Ravalox

I spoke with Paypal about this since more than one Player has indicated they have had issues. They re-assured me that there are no issues on our side, this is entirely within the PayPal system. You should have been notified that your transactions were blocked for security reasons.

They suggested using another already established payment method on your account (like the anchor payment method - a bank account) if a transaction fails on the first attempt, but best to contact their support and to not try multiple more times as this will extend the timeframe of the lockout.

It was indicated to me that a block of this kind can occur for a number of reasons, including unusual pattern of purchases, change of your IP address, changing payment sources just prior to purchase, complete a security check, and a bunch more.

They suggested using another already established payment method on your account (like the anchor payment method - a bank account), but best to contact their support.

I complained that a transaction failure that is on their side is being forwarded back to us via their API to issue the message you saw above. That makes it seem like the issue is on our side. We will be changing the verbiage on that message to more clearly indicate that PayPal support should be contacted.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

None of that is my case. I have no paypal transaction after March, 15th this year so nothing unusaual. My IP changes always - it is a dynamic IP from my ISP. My bank account or credit card have been unchanged.

As the tries before, I get to log in to the Paypal Service and it tells me that the 80 $ would be 77,35 € that would be deducted from my account where I have to click "Weiter zur Überprüfung der Bestellung" (onward to check the order) with the remark below:

"Möglicherweise fallen zusätzliche Gebühren an, z.B. für Versand oder Steuern. Sie verpflichten sich zur Zahlung von bis zu 92,00 USD. Sie sehen den endgültigen Betrag, wenn Sie zum Händler zurückkehren." --> Eventually there are additional fees, e.g. Shipping or taxes. You agree to pay up to 92,00 USD. You see the final amount when you return to the sellers site (my own translation).

When I click that then I return to your site and get the Checkout Summary:

Where I have to click accept items and confirm purchase.

Which results in

Could the problem be that PayPal estimates an amount of "up to 92 USD" that I agree to and then the amount is 95,20 USD? It seems instead of the expected 15% 19% are added?

6. Ravalox

Please reach out to PayPal and see what they have to say on it. The transaction does not show on our account either, and when I called they indicated that there were no issues with our account or any of the transactions. We cannot reach out to PayPal asking about your transaction since it does not appear on our activity.

I would be very interested to see if you are able to get to Tier2 support, what do they say about it. Maybe they can observe you attempting to make the transaction?

7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I waited until the holiday was over and tried today to reach Paypal by phone. I can´t even get a live person - when I press 1 to chose the menu about refused transactions the machine tells me that I have no refused transactions in the last 2 days and returns to the main phone menu... o_O