Plot Deeds PA (Place Anywhere) Issue won't place on water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sandra Sosaria, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Sandra Sosaria

Sandra Sosaria Avatar

I just upgraded my keep deed to PA taxed but it would not place back on the water plot it was just on??? If its PA (Place Anywhere) why wont it place on water?, especially as it was the next grade up from pot taxed water. In order to upgrade the deed I had to unclaim from the spot which leaves it wide open for someone else to grab the plot, especially as I then had a deed that needed further upgrading and no cotos to upgrade with. Maybe have a way to upgrade without unclaiming a spot as well.

2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Place anywhere denotes the deed can be placed in POTs and NPC towns and doesn't signify that the deed can be placed on water.

3. Sandra Sosaria

Sandra Sosaria Avatar

Yes but the statement Place Anywhere is misleading, and to find myself suddenly unable to reclaim the lot i had the deed on originally was extremely frustrating. It would be nice to be able to upgrade a deed without having to unclaim the plot, this would have prevented me turning the deed into one that wouldn't work on that plot as that particular upgrade wouldn't be available as the plot was a water one.

Micmatty likes this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree with the above. 'Place anywhere' has always meant anywhere on land, not water, here. Water lots have always been something different. In hindsight, I agree that the deed wording could be better.

Regarding the 'hassle' of swapping lots, perhaps it may be helpful to reference SOTA's 'magic mover' guidance if you had not seen that before?

It makes the process of reclaiming / upgrading / repositioning already-developed lots easier as it saves all of the stuff you had on the lot, which can then be plopped down on the next spot.

Here's the link: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-the-property-manager-aka-magic-movers.81654/

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

This is a solid argument for renaming the 'place anywhere' label. Not sure what it should be, but it's definitely misleading

Fetid SirDidy, Micmatty and Pifester like this.
  6. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

There is a "Water" designation for the deeds that can be placed on water. Perhaps have a "Land only" for those deeds that can't be placed on water. EDIT: Also change the current to "Land or water"

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    Adam Crow and Micmatty like this.
  7. Sandra Sosaria

Sandra Sosaria Avatar

I had no deco just a house placed but was concerned that i suddenly could not reclaim the plot, as my deed then no longer worked on water which left it open for some else to come along and take the plot. An option to upgrade deed without unclaiming the plot would be useful. I do know about see if anyone is near function but if it had been a busy town like Britain, I could have been rather miffed to say the least, if someone else claimed the lot whilst I was stuck waiting for 20k of cotos I felt forced to buy due to the misleading wording. Of course today there is a sale on seems everytime I buy full price they have a sale soon after, thats 5 lots now lol, guess my luck sucks.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  8. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

Although I have always understood that "place anywhere" meant on land, I can see that the wording probably should be changed as to avoid confusion.

9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

The "Player guide - help" in the menu in the upper right of the screen has a detailed article about
    "Upgrading your deed".
    It explicitely tells you that it canĀ“t be done while the deed is in use.
    It tells you that using the upgrade option in the inventory on the deed will not show you all but only the next ten upgrade options.
    It has a screenshot of such a list of upgrade options that clearly show that some deeds are "Water" deeds by having "Water" in the deeds description.

When you did the questlines you should have at least TWO lot deeds that are NOT water. Which means you have to have either upgraded one of them before or bought or won that water deed you upgraded elsewhere for being WATER.

The guide tells you that "Player-Owned Town deeds only work on lots in a Player-Owned Town." which is clear in that the POT/PA devide is not land/water.

10. Sandra Sosaria

Sandra Sosaria Avatar

I suggest that PA be changed to POT/NPC. Having said that there will always be a risk upgrading a deed that is in use as you have to remove it from the plot which then leaves that plot open for anyone to steal it from you legally. Maybe have an option when unclaiming a plot to have that plot held for 10 minutes, so you click unclaim plot then the option would you like this plot held for 10 minutes yes/no, that way you can reclaim when others will be blocked from claiming whilst you upgrade that deed.

11. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

Was anyone else showing up in the nearby players list?
    A little situational awareness pretty much solves this issue.