Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No idea how to initiate combat.

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by xeoneex, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeoneex

xeoneex Avatar

I'm not sure where to look, but I can't seem to find info regarding how to actually do combat. I finally managed to acquire a weapon but, I can't really figure out where to go and what to fight, or even how to start fighting :/

2. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

Double-click on your target. You will attack based on an automatic timer.

3. xeoneex

xeoneex Avatar

Well I'm fighting stuff, finally but I can't tell if I'm actually hurting it... I came across a cave with a bunch of bandits, which aren't aggressive, a necromancer guy and 2 red named mobs that kill me. I managed to kill one of the bandits, no loot, and couldn't kill anything else.

Arkhan and Jatvardur like this.
  4. xeoneex

xeoneex Avatar

Well after sitting for several minutes I managed to kill the 2 red named things. They took a craptonne of damage before dying and the skeleton really dishes out damage died attacking him. I must say I'm kind of liking combat, animations look retarded but I suppose thats to be expected in pre-alpha. All in all it's shaping up nicely.

5. Jin

Jin Avatar

I like the classic timed swing combat, using spacing and timing to maximize output and minimize input damage. I think the loot will be scarce at this time if even existent as the are going to be operating a loot pool. Loot will naturally increase as items are made/bought and trashed.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah I don't think combat was the primary reason for this release, what's in there now is pretty painful and obviously a placeholder.

Still - we can finally kill things :)

NRaas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.