Baron2 Housing, Galleon Only? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by AllGamer, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

I was trying to read back and find what was originally included for housing in Baron2, but can't seem to find it

Was it a Keep?

Duke level gets the castle

Anyway, I was trying to find out, if we get to have Both (a Keep + Galleon) if we put the house near the water, or if we can only choose one or the other.

2. Emso Boydon

Emso Boydon Legend of the Hearth

I am pretty sure, it was a simple city house for Baron 2, which then was concretized to an 'upscale' city house, and now it can be a houseboat'esk Galleon that can be access through your city lot at the water.

Theoretically, it seems - up to now - that a duke can choose between a 'upscale' city house or an island castle. Maybe there is a implicit increase in the city house level, but it is not written as such.

3. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

I read it that you would get a special upscale Baron home on a normal city lot. These would be the prime spots for stores. If you chose a waterfront lot you would get a regular house that attaches to your ship. This would probably look cooler, but you do give up the prime real estate.

4. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

so, basically we still don't really have a clear answer :-? , guess i'll have to bug FireLotus or the Devs again :p

5. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

$3,500 Tier (BARON 2) - Baron 2 and above now contains:

NEW: A uniquely identifiable Founder's, waterfront, double-decker Galleon, as befits your status as a Baron of the Highest Order, floating on the water, attached to your City property by a bridge (**City waterfront lots available to City property deed holders; higher value pledges have lot selection priority over lower value pledges**)

6. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

That is the description for the Baron2 level

What we are trying to find out is the type of house type (selection) included with the Baron2 level
    Is it only the Galleon? or do we get a City House + Galleon?

7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Thanks @FireLotus for the update. Are the charts listed on http://forsakenvirtues.com/ more or less the official rewards?

Thanks,
    Koldar

8. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

if we are to go by the description, it seems like it's only the Galleon, parked to a City properly, without a City House on the property.

9. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I think the question has been answered.

"A Galleon floating on the water attached to your City _property_ by a bridge."

You get a house (property = house) plus a boat. If you chose a city plot rather than a water plot then presumably you don't get the boat, although I'm hoping they'd be willing to figure something out there.

10. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

But it can also be interpreted as an empty proerty lot, with only a bridge/dock leading to your house boat (Galleon)

that's what i'm trying to figure out, if it really comes with a House + a Boat, or if it's only a Boat with no house.

11. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

You get a boat as a home or a unique founders house suitable for a Baron.

12. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

yeah, i'm pretty sure it was that, as i used to recall that being the description before it was changed to the Boat House description.

That sounds more logical, to choose one, or the other.

However, i was also trying to find out the type of City Houses we get to choose from.

maybe the City House design is still up in the air, perhaps we should ask Steve to draw one, later today on the live Dev hangout.

13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I'm pretty sure most of the house designs are still up in the air at this point. It's pretty early in development.

14. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

They haven't released any kind of house designs. The only thing was during one dev hangout RG drew a house from each size (village/town/city) and showed how it fit on the lot.
    Other then that each pledge level has a unique founder only design. You can also choose a boat.

15. Keyser

Keyser Avatar

I don't know for sure, but I thought that the Baron would get the ship attched to his city lot by bridge as stated. Then, I imagine that his city lot could also be built on. In one of the videos, there was an option for a retail shop as the type of structure that could be built on your lot as well as some other housing choices. So that would be a good scenario, live on the boat, have a business on the city lot. Or another option might be to build a simple village structure on your lot to open up some room for farming, or maybe build nothing and farm the entire lot while living on your boat. These are just scenarios that I have been thinking might be logical options. Guess we will not know for sure until we here something official.

16. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

I was thinking exactly the same thing as you

use the Lot to farm, and to have a NPC shop structure to sell your wares, and live aboard the Galleon

17. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

from what I understand your "plot" gets taken up with the bridge out to sea, so for the knight its a bridge out to there light house, for the lord its a bridge out to there house boat etc. You don't get a house AND a ship at the same time

thats the way I read it

18. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I was also wondering about that. I'm guessing that's it's either something on the water or something on land.. not both. But if that's the case.. what Knight would want to live in a lighthouse??

19. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

dymitchell who knows, maybe me (though I want to be lord:p) will depend what the pros and cons are. If it means I cant have a window garden to grow my eternity fruit them maybe I will stick to the land but then I cant fish (wow that is going to be long line fishing off top of lighthouse) so just depends

20. Keyser

Keyser Avatar

I can see where it could in fact be that if you choose a waterfront lot, you have a bridge(your city lot essentially) and the boat/lighthouse is your home. If you choose a non waterfront lot, it is simply as it was before the bonuses were announced.

I really hope you still have an actual lot in the city to build/farm on and the bridge to your boat. Need clarification. What if you were a Duke and chose a non waterfront lot? Would you get your castle on land in the city? Or would you be forfeiting your island castle by choosing a non waterfront lot. Same deal for the Knight, what if you don't get a waterfront lot(they are all gone when it is your time to choose), will you then be forfeiting your Lighthouse. These issues lead me to believe that the bonus Lighthouse/Boat/Island Castle are all additional bonuses and you still have your lot, albeit not in the middle of town, but on the outskirts to access the water amenity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.