Baron2 Housing, Galleon Only? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by AllGamer, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

As I understand it you have 2 choices, a knights house which is an upscale villager house which includes a round table? etc OR a knights lighthouse if you happen to have a water front property

The same with the citizen level, you get a founder level village house OR you can chose a cabana if you happen to have a waterfront plot

Thats what I understood it to be unless they removed the upscale houses when they brought in the waterfront ones but I doubt it otherwise we will all be living on the water simply to show off our titles:p

2. Lord Kei

Lord Kei Avatar

I think you get a upscale village house + a Cabana if you place it at a waterfront lot.

3. Strongsquirrel1

Strongsquirrel1 Avatar

You either get a land property or a water property, not both from one deed, as how I under stood during the 24 hr marathon, in addition I believe you can build lower tier specials like a knights house, or build a same tier as pledge level on multiple properties.

Also you will have access to all special furniture for lower tiers as well as you current, LB said you could have a throne with your round table in one of his chats.

4. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

The way I see it you will have your one deed. If you use it at a regular lot you'll get your upscale house option. If you use it at a waterfront lot you will get your special boat house or castle island depending on where you pledged. My fear is that people will not get a water lot even though they specially upgraded for that. If there are a shortage of waterfront lots, they should cut them out of future pledge upgrades. Imagine if you pledged Baron 2 wanting your Galleon but there were no water lots because someone who pledged after kick starter got chosen for lot placement ahead of you.

5. Keyser

Keyser Avatar

Again I understand if it is one or the other. But the way it was explained was that your boat would be accessed by your "LOT" via bridge. If you do in fact only get one or the other, wouldn't it have been much clearer to say that your boat would be accessed by the "CITY" via bridge.

6. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

Well, i'm glad I was not the only one pondering about all the questions you guys have rasied.

It'll be nice if they can reveal some more info regarding these ideas, and see how the Developers can accomodate Boat house and farming our seeds / purple ink

7. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

I too would like to know more about how this works. I asked on the dev hangout today, but they were only taking questions on achievements. For some reason I had the idea that we would get *both* and upped my pledge from Baron to Baron2. My fault there for jumping to conclusions.

One day I want a boat, but I don't want to lose the building. So I'll probably stay in the center of town.

8. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

@Jonathon.Doran That was more or less my understanding too. With one caveat, I assumed that a waterfront house would be smaller (at least at first) since you got a boat as well. A city house would, by default, be quite large but it wouldn't have the boat. I naively assumed that property meant an actual property (house), as opposed to an empty lot. I can now see why it appears ambiguous.

9. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

My understanding is that these boats and waterfront additions, are exactly that, an addition to your house since you took waterfront (fishing) property vs another spot that might be good for vendor location near other village/town/city services. Also when Stephen was drawing them he said it would connect via a bridge and you might be able to fit a bed and something else in it.. so it would be tiny.. not suitable for storing and showcasing your phat l00tz...

My interpretation is waterfront property will be valuable for the ability to place the addition connecting to your house. perhaps there would be other houses near good mining/lumber, so if you dont care about fishing you'll ignore water front property.

Marvin likes this.
  10. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

I would really love to hear an official response to this as well. I asked on the KS update when it was released but no dev answered.

11. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

Alright this just in from the chat with FireLotus.

It really boils down to "To Be Determined"

Even the Devs are working out the details, as some of you have guessed previously the whole house boat + waterfront thing was thrown in almost last minute, so they didn't have time to work out the details.

That means, we'll have to follow up in future Dev Hangouts to find out more details, and see how they'll work this out.

Make note, future Dev Hangouts will have relevant topic, so we'll need to wait until the topic of housing comes up, before we can review this subject.

12. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

I appreciate putting the update here AllGamer. It turns out we were all right in a way.

To the Devs that may be watching. Im more than happy to have my Duke castle on the overworld map as a point of interest

13. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Thanks AllGamer!

14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

On a very related point: Chris mentioned in the dev hangout 2 nights ago that cities are not actually landlocked, some have rivers running through/near them. This gives the possibility of placing waterfront plots inside a city which is cool. Previously, I had assumed waterfront tiles were only on the coast, seems he had thought so too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.