DarkStarr's Fun Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fredrick FlameGrinder, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

Hi,
    Does anyone know when DarkStarr would consider the Fun Bug fixed? i.e. what features, improvements etc. do they have on the oradmap which will make the game "fun"?
    Gather/Quest/Craft loop doesn't mean game is fun.
    Fun = excited to play , intriguing etc, UO was that way.

Thanks.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Sort of a matter of personal preference I would say.

From personal experience: A number of us have been encountering this so-called "fun bug" far too often already, so the dev team must be having the darnedest time tracking it down and correcting it. :)

3. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

What is the fun bug?

4. pjt15253

pjt15253 Avatar

The fun bug is basically the state the game is in right now shouldn't be "fun" due to incompleteness (as I understand it anyway). If I remember correctly the quote is "having fun at this point is a bug" or something like that.

Margard, Mishri and NRaas like this.
  5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I caught the fun bug... can't shake it... there's no medication for it... there's nothing that can be done besides... give in to the desire.

6. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I thought it was clever enough to add to my signature.
    At the very least it's giggleworthy out of context; )

7. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Lum was the one that started this. In a Pen of the Avatar he specifically said "if you are having fun you should report that as a bug". I believe this was during RE3 and I immediately reported it; although the bug was reproducible in RE1 forward. Even the chicken room. :)

rild likes this.
  8. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I agree, depends on what you find fun. Crafting might not be fun for you until it's fully implemented with the inferior/success/superior results are in with repair but some people have fun just putting the stuff on the table and making things. Gathering might not be fun yet till those things are in. Combat might not be fun till they get all the skills in and working properly and the deck system implemented and ai working the way they want. Adventuring and questing might not be fun till we have experience points/levels. Leveling might not be fun till we have meaningful stats and equipment.

However, some people have fun with the barebones system as-is. I had fun doing them a little bit, but it got boring pretty quickly. So that is part of what he is getting at. That we should expect the game to be a lot more fun once more systems are in place.

(For some reason I read the thread title as Darkstarr's fun bag, I initially thought this thread was going to be entirely different)

9. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.