1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

Perhaps they believe that e.g. new houses and the stretch goal store are quick ways to increase funding by relatively much.
    Therefore more or less targeting existing backers.

And showing off easyflowing gameplay/crafting/npc interaction (which I consider is of very high importance and a big attraction to new backers) is something that will take an additional 3-4 months to be able to show good?
    Thus they are not saying too much about it currently.

(Or their goal might be to not have easyflowing gameplay/crafting/npc interaction, which is why they are not saying too much about it, because that might reinforce the notion that the target audience is a smaller harder core crowd.
    I really hope that is not the case.)

2. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

My interpretation of the current stretch goal store is that if a stretch goal is reached, e.g. horses, beacuse of enough backer funding,
    then everyone and all will be able to purchase horses in game and possibly in the add-on store.
    But the very specific horses (colors and types) and whatever else that is in the stretch goal store will not be available to anyone else but the stretch goal pledgers.

I am not a fan of the current stretch goal store, I would prefer Star Citizens voting system and that every dollar in funding goes also towards the next stretch goal.
    You just have to put the financial target at the correct level to account for the non stretch rewards.

But we have what we have, we'll have to go with the flow.

Mishri and Cabrens like this.
  3. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I like his Youtube-videos, they are really showing and explaining a lot.
    :)

4. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

Roofs?
    How about the indoor room layout of both Founder and Benefactor Barons houses?
    Hehe, I am not fond of either of them - too much wasted space if I remember correctly.

And the exteriors?
    Ooh I so envy the Founder Lords brickwork, magnificient!
    Barons houses brickwork, not so magnificient, but I guess they can still grow on one.
    (I almost believe the Barons used underpaid workers)
    ;)

cartodude likes this.
  5. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

:eek:
    What!?
    Shows that taste and preference can indeed be different.
    (See my previous post)

6. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

Well, haven't they been very clear in what the stretch goals in the stretch goal store do?
    In what purchasing the different pieces do?
    E.g. if you buy a foal, it will stay as a pet until the stretch goal is reached, then it will be converted into a rideable horse.

You don't take a greater risk in buying the foal than in buying a base pledge.
    The worst that can happen is that the foal will remain a pet, for 20$.

That said, I am not a fan of the stretch goal store, but I find its function clearly communicated.

The rules for funding episode 2 as well as episode 2's goals are at this point unwritten.

Mishri and cs2501x like this.
  7. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Surely the stretch goal should be also aimed at bringing in new backers, all the extra bling that as been thrown at the basic kickstarter rewards look more like an act of desperation to get peoples money.
    They should have kept their word and locked the kickstarter rewards once the campaign was finished instead of downgrading their supporters for the last 14 months.
    The kickstarter money should have all been allocated to getting the games core functions delivered with the promised kickstarter rewards intact.
    Anything offered or asked for by backers should have all been rewards across the board for all backers not separating the supporter base by amount of money pledged.
    Housing was the worst possible decision to make to bring in lots of new money & backers. The land plots are a finite item so the amount raised was locked into the how many they were going to sell.
    Then all the news in the Media would have been dedicated to the GAME itself, story, crafting Combat, Exploring the world & PvP.

Star Citizen got it right with extra ships/ skins /Outfits because everyone could have one if they put in $40 which also gave them the game and access to everything within the game for everyone.
    Anyone that looks to back this game now needs at least $275 to get a chance for a land deed as this appears to be the Core feature of SotA.

Housing rewards should have ended after Kickstarter , Stretch goals must be for everyone not the Few.

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OK wagram, I checked over at my Star Citizen's account, which I got directly after my Shroud of the Avatar account and my pledge there has increased my account by;
    One decorative towel for my hangar and some new armor for my ship... o_O
    So, I've decided I get more by increasing my pledge here with SotA :)
    thanks for reminding me I have an account over there :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Eriador, Jambo, Mishri and 3 others like this.
  9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I thought we were backing projects to make the games not collect Bling.

Sir Nicolas Mortier likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

"And believing that made me a bit nervous given the progress shown to us.
    I fully understand the need to push forward release dates, but so far nothing official has been said yet, or have I missed it?
    A crowdsourced development should be clear in communicating such things the way I see it."

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ccess-schedule-release-7-and-q3-update.11343/

Swanman did you see this post from Darkstarr. I hope it helps if you didn't. ****Cheers***

Lord Baldrith, Kaisa and Time Lord like this.
  11. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

(1)I don't know about that. More and greater lands/houses for greater donations seems ok in order to raise funds to me.
    (2)That would have been good
    (3)This can indeed be the impression some people can get, which is unfortunate
    (4)Yes. But in a sense goals in the end are, it's just that the few are the ones that are paying for them as it is now, which is unfortunate.

I firmly believe rentable rooms should exist so any and all can get a little room right from the start.

12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm as surprised by your tastes as you are to mine. The Benefactor Barons home seems right out of Game of Thrones to me. I can see Tywin Lannister looking out one of those balconies wondering who's life he's going to destroy next.

Swanman likes this.
  13. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

Thanks Majoria.
    I do believe I have skimmed through that one.
    But @DarkStarr isn't really clear there is he?
    "That might mean October is not feasible, but let’s focus on making the right product, not the when product."

If they feel it leans towards a Q2 2015 release or something else I think they should say it.

majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  14. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Not sure at the moment what to do.

Go for another account with row house.

Why: the magic of a row house is it is almost impossible to be in a bad location with it.

Or pledge upgrade.

But the extra town space is less apealing then a row house deed ( more extra space, cheaper then upgrade pledge)

Depends how awesome the knight marchal house will look and how easy it is to get nice location. Feel it is easier to have vendor row house account at center location and outside the city my knights house with village lot.

I tend more to another account atm.

Myrcello & Myrcella.

15. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask, but, did anyone write down what total amount was raised by this thursday before the new stuff went available in the store?
    I didn't have my thinking cap on that day so I didn't make a note of it.
    I am curious to see the effect over the next month.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I understand what you are saying Swanman, but I truly don't think they know at this point. They only could say they will not release until we say it is ready and we do want it to be ready when we do get to play. It is frustrating to play an unready game because it shipped too early like Vanguard Saga of Heroes. That game was great but imagine if it didn't get shipped too early with all the bugs/places you fell through the earth. It would still be around today. RIP Vanguard.:(

17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think it's raised $100,000.00+ USD since the last time I checked last week... I could be wrong, but that's my best guess. I thought we were at $4M 70,000 back then.
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

18. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

I've noticed there's some concern that purchasing a unique item associated with the stretch goal store won't gain the functionality it could, or that the costs to build the system may not be achieved. This concern sometimes comes coupled or in mentioned along side people thinking the game will not be made with its current level of funding.

[From a personal perspective] I think the purpose of the stretch goal store is to raise funds for features requested by backers. In this case, however, you also get a unique item in return for your support regardless of the achieved goal. I think this says two things: That raising these funds is specifically for a feature addition, and that the developers are listening to the public's general interests.

I know some folks have claimed it's might be way to get extra money for base development--but I'd like to offer a thought on this: The advancement of the base development in addition to new features is a good thing. Remember, estimating development costs in a game isn't trivial--but we shouldn't assume the worst. In my estimation, any extra funds would go towards improving the game and laying a stronger foundation for future episodes.

Tarsin, Noctiflora, Soleidad and 7 others like this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Exact from the total off the DS provided graph to today... is +$89,022.00 more than we had from graph time till now.There's no doubt that the game will be made, the stretch goals are target funds which will speed the development of those particular items and game enhancements, earlier than what they are now scheduled to be done anyway. or that's my understanding of them o_O
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

Eriador, Jambo, cartodude and 6 others like this.
  20. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Some one in here mentioned that you could split your account off and sell a lower part of it to someone to downgrade. That sounds awesome to me, I'm looking for more on that subject, because I'm looking to pick one up!

Cabrens and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.