Character Names Forum Names?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarl Hamrick, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

I am pretty new here so I thought I would get myself set straight in preparation for playing this game in the coming week and getting the most out of that short window.

This might seem like a silly question and maybe it is but i am asking anyway well cause im like that :)

So when when I registered here on the forums I just registered with the name that I have used for many years to register for anything in the net but that name is not the name I use for my characters in RPG games.
    Mainly for shooters and things like that where there is no real role play involved and I am just sploding my friends :)

So the question is are your names on here also the name of your characters in game? And as far as I know we are limited to one character in this game right?

If that is the case I think I will need to change my forum name to reflect the name of my character in the game.

So tell me how you all handle that?

Thanks for always answering my crazy questions with such grace :)

2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Arianna and Sir Hamrick like this.
  3. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Ah thank you Mata I will check that out.

Ya that is helpful but what I am asking is for instance,
    Is Mata your name in the game? I am just trying to figure out what the going practice in here.

Mata likes this.
  4. Sweetmcpwnsauce

Sweetmcpwnsauce Avatar

You will get 3 character slots max but you'll have to buy the extra slots with in-game gold maybe or cash I don't remember. Also yes this is the name I'll use for in-game and most players do use there game names for forums so people know who there talkin to, atleast that's what I do. <];D

Stardog765 likes this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Your welcome! :)

Btw: it gives no silly questions; only silly answers. ;)

Stardog765 likes this.
  6. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Sweetmcpwnsauce Ok thank you that is kind of what I was what I was trying to figure out.
    So you know if names with Lord or Sir are not allowed like some of the Ultima Online shards in the past?
    I know in the past that was sometimes used for admins only.

7. Mata

Mata Avatar

Example:
    I'm here always (from R5 - R7) normal in the forum and in the game Mata.
    In R8 but I have been called differently.

8. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Well I went ahead and changed my forum nickname to the in game name of my main role playing character. Or at least what I hope to name my main in game character.
    If we have 3 slots then I will likely roll a couple other characters too but my main will the same character I play in all RPG games.

His name is Lord Hamrick or Sir Hamrick in some games but he is a battlemage who specializes in two handed swords and just enough magic for some offensive stunners and self healing.
    He also delves pretty deeply into the art of potion making and other herbal crafts such as poisons etc.
    His main vocation is monster hunting whether it be human or non-human monsters. :)

As you might can tell my favorite character of all time in roleplaying games is Geralt of Rivia from the Witcher books and games.

Sweetmcpwnsauce and Papa Woody like this.
  9. Mata

Mata Avatar

Lord Hamrick likes this.
  10. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Thank you Mata :)

Mata likes this.
  11. Mata

Mata Avatar

Your welcome! :)

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lord Hamrick, will you say what other name you were using also to avoid confusion, if you have changed your forum.\? I know I do read your threads and posts around but I can't put my finger on it already lol.

I am not sure if Majoria will be my permanent in-game name since it is my old Ultima name I had dusted off and put on from that time. So to know who I am in game when I meet all of you I will try to restrain myself to keeping it for now.

I tend to use many different names in any games I play for reasons such as; depending on my mood at the moment, the type of game it is, the type of character I'm playing, or name availability is sometimes a challenge. For example storm, Jezzabell, Belatrix if magical and many more.

I also had fun naming my Wargon in wow because it is a conflicted character changing from beautiful to extremely ugly from moment to moment type of character. I love the concept of this character, and the story for this new character started out so beautiful until blizzard dropped the ball on the story line. I was very disappointed to lose that. I thought they would pick it up again, but that was not to be, so sad too.

But of course my preference mostly is to play a gorgous character. A warrior is my trend right now;)

13. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Majoria yes sorry Stardog765 is the name I was using and is still my username but that was never going to be my character name in game.

I never played WoW but I did play Everquest 2, Star Wars Galaxies, Rift, Darkfall and GW2 to name a few.
    I always loved the idea of MMOs but seeing how important the story is to me in regards to these games MMOs ultimately lose my interest at a certain level.

I am hoping for the best of both worlds here :)

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thank you sir and how short my memory is, but no coffee yet, I am slow today, stayed up too late last night I think.

Well I do like the name Lord Hamrick. It sounds very noble ****majoria curtsies****

VonXakk and Lord Hamrick like this.
  15. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Haha I understand being slow. I decided I was going to just be a slug today myself.
    Also stayed up too late playing 7 Days to Die with my friends.

Thank you very much! Im not sure how noble Lord Hamrick as I think he struggles with nobility and morality on a conscious level but ultimately does the right thing even if its against his own will. :)

****bows****

majoria70 likes this.
  16. Gretchelle

Gretchelle Avatar

Welcome Hamrick,

I also use different in-game names depending on character type and mood.

Lord Hamrick and majoria70 like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I had to refresh my memory on the game '7 days to die'. So is it being developed still or is it out. Truly seems to be an interesting concept for a game.:)

18. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Majoria it is out now but still in active development.
    It is a very interesting game if you like the zombie/survival games with some Minecraft thrown in.

They just released the update that includes randomly generated worlds and really beefed up the building and crafting aspects of the game. You can of course turn off the Zombies all together if you like and just play it as a survival/building/crafting/farming game.

19. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Thank you Von!

20. Sweetmcpwnsauce

Sweetmcpwnsauce Avatar

Um, not certain on the title thing. But, I would predict that you will have to earn the titles you want on your characters, like "Lord", "Lady", "Glorious Lord/Lady", and "Dreadful Lord/Lady". Probably by either killing monsters and gaining fame/karma like in UO, or maybe by completing various quest that are exceedingly difficult. I would prefer the latter. <];D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.