POT/houseboat /boat Question

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Proteus Tempest, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Ok.
    So (hypothetically) I have a POT, I want spots for house boats and later an update allows for boats to sail the high seas.
    Are the house boat spots useless because ships can now be parked anywhere indefinitely?

If boats cannot be parked anywhere indefinitely then the owners have to go back to port to dock while the owner is off line?

I'm curious before I alot housing space that may be useless in the future.

Moonshadow likes this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I cannot answer that question. But something else of concern is that there maybe no guarantee that you will get a waterfront POT. I am unsure about that as well. I do think you can pick a biome, but I am not sure that is enough to ensure it.

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  3. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

Remember that there are also other things that can be placed in those spots if the boat can take off.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If the specific lot for a house boat is owned by someone, and you can sail later, I'm assuming you can still only dock at public docks or your lot. I don't think anyone can just park anywhere.

5. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

By parking along with docks I was also meaning just dropping anchor anywhere and logging out or maybe the boat would "decay".

6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Its disturbing to think we could not get an oceanside town.

7. enderandrew

I'm guessing a lot of the people who own PoTs will want to be on the coast, but there are also plenty of rivers.

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

They said in the hangout that POTs are not being discussed at this time. Most likely there will be no POTs until the summer. However, there may be a test-case or two in Q2.

9. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Do remember that they DID say we could pick our own biome. I looked it up and water as well as land can be a biome.

Also they very well know they are drawing a lot of people into the game who want to fish and boat. I cannot see them denying us a seaside town AFTER we pay for the POT and they said nothing about NO POT. I have faith in Portalarium that they are going to treat the early backers very nicely.

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

You are probably right. I am just cautious with my expectations. So many questions and most have been deferred. One thing I am sure of is that they will try their best to please us all.

11. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I cant afford a pot but if I could I would want mine under water. Lol u can get one underground why not under water that would be tottally cool

Tahru likes this.
  12. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Patrons Log, day 1: Entire towns population has drowned and a giant squid has taken up residence in the tavern.

13. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

I would be ecstatic to be on a river. No water lots required. Just a muddy river. Clearwater will suffice.

enderandrew likes this.
  14. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

They have laid out the pecking order for POTs with preference to larger POTs and according to purchase date within each size as I recall.

Nonetheless, I would rather not see the entire coast littered with POTs so I would like to see a healthy blend of coastal and landlocked POTs. There has been talk in the forums about islands. I would prefer to see something akin to barrier islands with POTs rather than tract POTs on the coastline if there is a high demand for "water" POTs.

Disclaimer: This poster has a POT and will not be requesting water lots in his POT.

Spoon, enderandrew and Tahru like this.
  15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am going for mountains. But I might ask for a pond big enough to fish in. I love to fish.

16. enderandrew

You might get fish from a purely visual perspective but they said it is a game balance issue if there is any gatherable resource in your player owned town and you can lock other people out. So no actual real fishing holes where you can gather fish sadly.

17. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I would never lock people out of a POT even if I don't like them. In fact, if I have any rules in a POT, it may the one rule of not blocking the world from lots. Still, I don't think fish are going to be precious resource.

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  18. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I kinda miss the whole up house placement thing.. id rather my house in the middle of nowhere or pot in this case with no defensive barrior where mobs strolled through your back yard as it did in uo. granted i hunted many of things that would wipe my arse from the safty of my house as well. like kirin and something else that was around the ninjas. cudasi i think they were called. as a prank once we tamed and release almost 50 dragons and left them in that courtyard area inside the castle wall. was about a week before they all disapered. but all in all i think many people would love places that were in the wilderness without the protection of town walls

Spoon and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.