Composer offering epic, beautiful music and high production values

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaxCastillo, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxCastillo

MaxCastillo Avatar

2. Pyro

Pyro Avatar

I'm sure it's good and all, but coming from a brand new forum member, and having 2 "secure" off-site links makes me uncomfortable, and unwilling to click at this point... especially with non-human-legible endings on the links that could lead to anywhere.

3. MaxCastillo

MaxCastillo Avatar

Box.com is a pretty well known and secure file hosting service with audio streaming capabilities. My website (www.maxcastillo.com) is still under construction so I can't host there yet. It's finishing completion though and should be up fairly soon.

4. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

The files are legit, there are two mp3 files behind the links, although I would question the activity of someone's first post being akin to SPAM. Certainly did look a bit suspect there Max.

Pyro likes this.
  5. MaxCastillo

MaxCastillo Avatar

I'm pretty embarrassed by having to upload to Box myself... But it seemed like I could miss some opportunities by waiting until everything is up on my website. Web designer sure is taking his time, you get what you pay for I guess.

What did you think of the music?

6. Pyro

Pyro Avatar

Thank you for the confirmation @Insane. Although the site may be well known, I had personally never heard of it / used it / seen it used before. The internet is a big place, after all.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ok.. so I've finally had a chance to give these a listen.. I really liked the sample one.. and the 2nd half of the Camelot demo. The first half was good too of course but it a little too high tempo for my tastes. When it comes to stuff like this I think I tend to lean more towards something you might imagine overlooking a wide open country. A little slower.. not so busy. But then again that's my personal taste and what *I* think might be suited for SotA as say.. for a town or map.

Pretty sweet overall.

8. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

They are not bad. Interested to know what VSTs you're using for them. Sounds like Stormdrum, Synphonic Choirs and Symphonic Orchestra but I might be wrong. Also, higher quality files would be better because these sound pretty muddy. The mens choir needs a bit of work in sample.mp3. It sounds really mechanical. Overall, decent compositions.

9. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

10. MaxCastillo

MaxCastillo Avatar

Sweeeeet, thanks for posting this, expect to hear my entry soon.

And thanks everyone for your comments.

I used a wide variety of samples, to name a few: LASS, Adagio, CineBrass, Requiem, some taiko and toms libraries, etc.

11. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Ahh, I had looked at LASS at one point but decided against it. It does have a nice sound though. Right now I'm likely going to make an upgrade soon so checking out all my options.

12. MaxCastillo

MaxCastillo Avatar

Might want to check out Cinematic Strings and Hollywood Strings as well.

13. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Hollywood Strings is what I'm considering making the jump to because it should work flawlessly with Symphonic Orchestra. I'm just waiting to see how Play 4 turns out because I'll likely be getting a bunch more of their packs if it is as good as they are making it out to be. I do like Play 3 but it has some flaws though I still like it better than Kontakt.

14. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Sounds pretty awesome might consider SoundCloud and YouTube for hosting music :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.