Concern About Castle Deeds

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Rasmenar, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Being that there are only a small number of Duke, LotM's, I would think that portalarium could just pull the castle lots off of the towns when People place them in Player owned towns. That is after the land rush and everything is set. Not sure if they would do this, but they could do this. During the planning of player owned towns maybe the count could be tallied up and modified with how many people plan on placing the castles keeps in the POT at that time, so they would not even be in game at that point. Not sure if this would work though. The person would HAVE to place the deed in the POT in order for this to work though, as not to limit the NPC lots.

Tahru likes this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Actually, I believe they have, but I can't locate the reference.

There will be a new Kickstarter for Episode 2, but I believe the current pledge structure gets shut down prior to launch.

3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

In a quite recent mail from Support, i was told that " There is a possibility that some pledge levels and/or rewards will be unavailible after launch " (Exact quote)

The only real assumption i can draw from that is that the current idea is to leave most of the pledge structure as is, but with modified rewards/prices.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Scrolls_HD

Scrolls_HD Avatar

I would think that since this game will not have a monthly subscription fee and they do intend to upkeep and expand the game, they need to get more backers. I don't see why they wouldn't continue to offer pledges after release. Of course, they are trying to get pledges now at a higher risk (since the game is not finished or released) so they would be apprehensive to announce you will be able to pledge later at reduced risk. I would expect pledges to be a higher cost or lower reward after release to avoid angering the supporters they already have.

Tahru likes this.
  5. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

I am not sure this is the case. There may be -- and this is said in the non-moderator and purely speculative voice -- other opportunities to pledge for the game after release. It's been seen a number of times in other games, and it makes sense with other episodes coming down the pipe that further sales of SotA (or, whatever other abbreviation will stand for episode 2) should be expected.

^ ;) Maybe!

I like this idea, too. Nice!

Tahru likes this.
  6. Unforgiven2

Unforgiven2 Avatar

I know people are fixated on the lot size, but if you consider the Player Owned Town a separate lot, in and of itself, because it's under the control of a player, then it's "sub-lots" are really nothing more then sub-leases, even if it happens to be the size of the castle lot within non POT cities.

That said, they could then sell a separate "POT Castle Deed", that is good for POT only, and still preserve the "game cities" castle lots for pledges only.

Also exclusive building designs can help. Maybe even a free retro-fit for LOTM later on, etc ...

7. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

No, because castle and keeps will ONLY be availible thru pledging.

The largest purchaseable ingame house will be a city size.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I think the vast land area of an open castle lot could make a beautiful NPC farm! (seriously, where are all the farms?)

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  9. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Earning it in game would make more sense, an extremely difficult to earn deed.

10. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

yeah, that was one of the cool things I remember from UO when I first played it back in '98.. the farms where you could steal some hay or pumpkins or carrots...

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.