What games are you playing before launch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tygron, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Just got Rogue Legacy. Super-awesome.
    Card Hunter when I want some strategy.
    And the Apogee Throwback pack that comes with Rise of the Triad pre-order for good old mindless shootin'.

2. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Thats a blast from the past. Good old one on one modem deathmatch there. Batter Up is one of the best 2 player deathmatch maps ever. :)

tekkamansoul likes this.
  3. stile

stile Avatar

Rockband 2 and 3 with my daughter, because she enjoys it and its a fun way to spend time together.

Needing a PC game rather badly. Been browsing options here and in other places. Want something single player not multi, as when I only like multiplayer on large scales, like MMO and I take such games as long term projects. So looking for something single player.

So have decided on Neverwinter 2. Played 1 and liked it. When 2 came out the timing was not good for me and I didn't have the interest then, so have never delved into 2. Have a 25.00 gift card for Gamestop right now, so going to download the "complete" edition for 30.00 from game stop. Basically 5.00 out of my pocket and ill have 2 + all the expansions (as well as one and all the expansions but don't see me playing those happening. I need decent graphics). Saddened by how few Fantasy style, single player, multi party, good RPG's have come out in the last few years for the PC.

Hopefully this will be a good fix for me for now, although my back-up choice will be Witcher 2. Never grabbed it either although it is on my game consideration list and I've read up on it extensively as well as watched videos and screen shots.

Been waiting on Ultima forever for the phone but tired of waiting for them to do it and not going to try to get the Canadian version as I shouldn't have to go through that much hassle to play a game. If they want me to play it, they can make it available or pffffttttt.... Although I did Enjoy Richard Garriott's photo on his visit to chuckles in it :)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Vaultarn

Vaultarn Avatar

Two mmos, currently playing Star Wars: The Old Republic & Rift. Rift has recently gone free to play and I'm thoroughly enjoying the open world feel. Up until recently was also playing The Witcher.

5. wdboyd

wdboyd Avatar

The many Spellforce games.

6. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Anyone play Dota 2
    very interesting...very fast. High learning curve.

The mice always vote the same way, but this time the poor little things got the bell. lol

7. Wolfbizarre

Wolfbizarre Avatar

After finishing "Dark Souls" (tough trip but one of the most rewarding games in a long time).

"Rogue Legacy" (glad someone mentioned, it's worth checking out if you like a cool old-school castle platformer with a new twist! also can't wait for "Shovel Knight" (!)).

"Legends of Grimrock" (if you ever played "Dungeon Master" you'll enjoy this too).

Playing many custom made levels of Penumbra series & "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" (high anticipation for "A Machine for Pigs").

Went back to plunge into the great "Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight", Heroes of Might and Magic I to III. :D

8. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

@Wolfbizarre - Dark Souls is very rewarding to finish. Grimrock is also an great game. Used to love the Eye of the Beholder games and that one so brought me back there.

I am messing around with Magic The Gathering 2014 and Defense Grid on Xbox while waiting for Shadowrun Returns to save me from the dulldrum.

9. MrJohnSherry

MrJohnSherry Avatar

Been playing through my back catalog! So far I have got through, Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Sleeping Dogs.

Shadowrun Returns launches next week, and FFXIV:ARR shortly after, so that should keep me going for a good while!

10. Keketamine

Keketamine Avatar

honestly and sadly, no new game satisfies me right now... gog.com :p

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  11. stile

stile Avatar

Im in the same boat. Reason is simple. I want the long term development and immersion of an online multi player game. So single player isnt doing it.

But when it comes to what is out now its
    A- settle due to lack of decent options (did that with LOTRO, dont care to do it again right now and such)

B- dont want to get into a long term game knowing ill have SotA to start alpha testing before long.

So just staying busy in free time with misc things.

Time Lord and Bayamount like this.
  12. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

The new Tomb Raider, Heroes of Might and Magic 5 Tribes of the East, Heroes of Might and Magic 6, and Divine Divinity.

13. vjek

vjek Avatar

Dwarf Fortress. Don't need anything else! :eek:

Wsye likes this.
  14. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

I don't play MMOs anymore but games currently playing and planning to play:

currently "playing" (lol I've logged like 3 hours into each all week)
    Hotline Miami (awesome game, can't recommend it enough!!!)
    Torchlight II

Playing on & off
    Fallout 2
    STALKER Clear Skies

Planning to [re]play
    Ultima 7
    Morrowind
    GTA V (huge fan since the very first game, after seeing the recent gameplay trailer I am immensely excited for this!)
    a bunch of <$5 Steam games I have been buying all week (Grimrock is one of them, as is Terraria)

15. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

been following EQN through the link below. Excited for 08/02/13

16. Namodias

Namodias Avatar

Mainly just doing the app game thing on my iphone, don't have time for a mmo till SOTA releases alpha.

my number one iphone go to for the last six months, the hobbit, kingdoms of middle earth. I'm on bilbo 2 server if you play holler at me :)

17. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

18. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

Kerbal Space Program, although oddly stopped when I saw improvements for .21 coming out and want to wait.
    Trainsimulator 2013
    X-plane/Prepa3d.
    Euro Truck sim 2 (got this yesterday from the Steam sale and found it more fun than I thought).
    I still have GW2 on my hard drive, but by level 20 or so became bored and disenchanted, really nothing new as it blended other MMO's together.
    Neverwinter is OK, but majority of MMO players don't ever read the text. So I am excited by SOTA!
    Star Trek Online, same as Neverwinter.
    Rise of Flight when it gets dark (have to use trackir and my computer is not in a good spot).
    Crusader King 2.
    Looking forward to EU IV, had issues getting into III, hoping IV will be different.
    Company of Heroes 2

Looking forward to:

Total War Rome II
    Europa U IV
    Divine Divinty: Dragon Commander and Original Sin.
    Il2:Battle of Stalinggrad
    Elite:Dangerous

19. stile

stile Avatar

Broke down and bought Torchwood 2.. Its on summer sale for a couple days (22nd I believe), for 9.99. My only concern is the first one got rather boring rather quickly. its a lot of the same thing. Also grabbed Ultima forever for my Iphone. Doubt ill want to play it much while at home but good for on the go.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. xanax

xanax Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.