Full loot with near open world PvP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Options, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Options

Options Avatar

or you can kiss 2/3rds of your player base good bye.

2. Options

Options Avatar

You want to immerse people in your world... but then u will let people run around with a big ego talking **** without getting smacked down because "The game won't let me" kill him. Give us harsh penalties for pking but allow us to do so or most of the map or just retire already because you have will never make your perfect RPG with your current way of thinking.

3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

You really might want to check out the thread about how Selective Multiplayer will work.
    If you are PVP, you won't see any non-PVP players, so you should be able to smack down all the big egos you see. I don't think there'll be a shortage.

I'm going to have to stop saying "Options are good". I might piss him off.

Miracle Dragon and Beno Ledoux like this.
  4. Seneth

Seneth Avatar

Please show us the source for your numbers.

Beno Ledoux likes this.
  5. Namodias

Namodias Avatar

I am sure some wont like it if the game is not set up this way but I seriously doubt 2/3 of the player base will leave. Lol.

6. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

My immediate thought is "well, bye then" but that would be rude.

Instead I will say I disagree and it seems like the devs do as well. They have stated that they want everyone to be able to enjoy this game and be allowed to play their own playstyles without being forced, but being enticed, to PvP. With the Selective Multiplayer system, everyone should be paired up with similar players, so the crowd that wants it should have an experience that feels like open-world PvP, but without the unwilling victims. If what you seek most are unwilling victims, I am under the impression this is the wrong game for you and I kindly refer you to my immediate thought.

Beno Ledoux likes this.
  7. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

8. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

I like the Cornell study better.

9. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

From Fireangel's link (http://brokentoys.org/2004/12/18/the-unbearable-darkness-of-ultima-online/):

Silent Strider, vjek and Phredicon like this.
  10. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

If the question is "what broke that toy"..ok, lets discuss it.

In my view what broke that toy, was an early change from the elegant Notoriety system to the Reputation system.

From 9/97 to the change, the Dread Lord was not common, it was a high end character type, very hard to play.

After that it was mostly a kill fest for many players, all staying with in the Kill Limit from going Red. Yes that day will never return!

My understanding, Dr. G & the Dev's might be looking for that elusive formula for fun. Larger outfits are doing this also.

I'm a never say never guy, lol. Allow me my dream that it can indeed return.

11. Owain

Owain Avatar

With the PvP-by-consent-only system, it is always possible that the vast majority of SotA players will elect to go that route. Entirely possible, but not very probable, however.

But even so, if that is what the players want, that is what the players will select. If your guess is correct that lack of open PvP/full loot is a deal breaker 2/3 of the customer base, be happy. I'm pretty sure SotA will feature that mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.