Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No training cost refund?

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by TroubleMagnet, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TroubleMagnet

TroubleMagnet Avatar

I didn't save up a bunch of cash so now I can't even get the first skills in my preferred trees even though I was level 20 or so.

A good fix for this would be to make the first level of the base skills free. Then again I've never understood the rational behind training costs as you level up in MMOs. They make sense for respecs later on as minor cash sink but I've always hated it when leveling up the first time.

Tons of people spamming skills in Owl's Head by the trainer. Not surprised, just disappointed.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yep, not a pleasant experience that.

Personally, just getting in, doing my business, and getting out of town as quickly as possible. At least until that nonsense dies down.

3. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

Agree, putting skill training behind a paywall in a use based skill system needs to go.

4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I'm thinking of deleting my char and starting over, not sure what the draw back would be other than losing my stuff and rewards.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Put everything into your bank. You retain your bank contents across character deletions. :)

Jivalax Azon and Moonshadow like this.
  6. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

thanks for the info!

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. Kennard MacGregor

Kennard MacGregor Avatar

Same situation here. I have no money to get my skills back to where they were last release and can't earn money without skills. Starting over looks like the only option without a gold refund.

docdoom77 and Jivalax Azon like this.
  8. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You could try doing an errand to gain some money? Mail carriers don't earn a lot but a few runs can get you started.

Might not be exciting but it certainly sticks to the theme of no handholding - even with the money, you gotta earn it.

;)(psst....think the cooking might still be good for money)

9. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Honestly, I think unlocking skills at level 1 makes no sense. Force us to use trainers to unlock mastery at 80. We need the gold sink at late game anyway.

We will have to go to a trainer less, but they can justify charging more because we will be higher level.

Unlocking at level 1 is just tedious and not fun.

docdoom77 likes this.
  10. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

Same here, but you can always sell stuff if you have any inventory. And your XP pool should be high enough that some of the default skills go up quickly. I turned off everything I didn't want to work on and had only enough money for bludgeon and strength. But that should go up quickly. My complaint is that I was of course overburdened as my strength went down, but I can still walk so can't even complain about that too much.

Edit: actually I would prefer a few points to spend at character creation - which is probably about what they have planned. After all we are still starting out at level 5.

11. Kennard MacGregor

Kennard MacGregor Avatar

Not looking to be handheld, I'm looking to be compensated fairly for the time and gold I already invested in my avatar.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  12. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I could understand that sentiment if the game were already into the final "Persistence".

Unfortunately though, we are still in the development stage, and the loss of progression is to be expected.

Honestly, what do you lose if you simply started over, and redid the various starter quests ?

Your character is already at Level 5, and the "Double Experience" buffs are in effect in both cases. You don't lose your banks contents, nor your lot (if you have such).

Unlike the previous skill wipe, where the cost to reskill was incredibly punitive and simply got in the way of properly testing the game, the costs now are incredibly cheap.

I do not believe there is sufficient endorsement this time around to force the devs to give everyone money, sorry. :)

(edit: grammar bads)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Alley Oop, 4EverLost and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  13. Kennard MacGregor

Kennard MacGregor Avatar

I have no problem with starting over. It's actually the better option. Which shouldn't be the case.

dorkish likes this.
  14. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

ya i'm thinking of just waiting till they release the game got enough hats and i just got murdered by two low lev undead you'd think basic skills and such would have carried over from last build maybe they should have just wiped all the players agine

15. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Need refunds for previously purchased skills, showing up dead broke is not a fun experience.

Kennard MacGregor likes this.
  16. Sparrowhawk Silvarian

Sparrowhawk Silvarian Avatar

I agree with this

Guys and gals, this is pre alpha. I'm seeing a lot of talk like it's post launch and you've been jilted somehow. None of this is perminantly ours YET. Old race is done, new race has started. Get the spirit and overcome! We can do this!

17. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I agree 100%, every game I've ever played with a skill-tree has been broken up into 2 groups. The old games are in group 1, skill-tree, locked permanently. And the newer games, group 2, skill-tree that is re-settable! Awesome, allows for you to actually have a chance of designing your own custom player based on skills you have actually tested, and re-setting the skills is free, if there is a limit it's not monetary. And then the new group, group 3, SOTA-style. Money, money, money, money. Want to re-set? Gotta pay that debt. Not fun, a step backward from the evolved games that don't force such money sinking.
    The whole point of re-settable was to allow the player to test and experiment. Now we have to chop down a million trees and skin a zillion bears to be able to afford even the most modest skill re-setter. Not an enjoyable experience. If it's 'needed' the price is way too high.

18. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

[​IMG]

19. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

well i'm sure they will get the new skill system working and it'll turn out ok i'll probably actually have to play for a hour or two tommrow to find out how bad it is

20. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

well played around a bit with the new skill system and it does show promise but i'm weak as a kitten though and pretty much broke think their best option would deffently have been to just wipe our chars as it is now if i'm attacked by more than one rabbit i have to run :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.