Resurrect dueling opponents

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Ancev, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

It would be nice if I could resurrect an opponent I'm dueling to bring them back to their corpse quickly so that we can duel again.

Back in the UO days occasionally I would resurrect my opponents after killing them but can't really do that here..figured it was sort of an honorable thing to do, and hopefully if that same person saw me get killed later on they would do the same. Before runebooks were implemented I'd resurrect people and made sure they had recall reagents. (if they weren't douche bags)

If you're unable to cast beneficial spells on non-party members for balance issues in PvP that's understandable.. but for opponents that are dueling it would be nice to have some exceptions.

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Kvow and Doom Angel like this.
  2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

You could party with them, then duel. It should work.

3. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

You know what would be best? not killing your dueling opponents :p

Kvow likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

A running suggestion I've been making is we should have a "friendly duel"/"spar" option that works sort of like fist fights work in Skyrim, where the fight automatically stops before anyone dies. It would, first, be good for role-playing purposes, and second it would get a lot more people into some base level of PvP, and then those people would be more likely to get involved in live-or-die PvP. You would maybe get a notification on who won the fight.

Adam Crow, Ahuaeynjgkxs, agra and 4 others like this.
  5. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Yep - it's handled pretty well in WoW too. You can also forfeit duels using /forfeit

I'd like to see the duel counted off too. 3...2...1...en garde! then you both turn yellow, etc

margaritte and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  6. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

Non-lethal duels would be ideal.

I mean, that's sort of the point of it being a duel.

7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  8. Rampage202

Rampage202 Avatar

I'd like to see a few different options for dueling; IMO the player being challenged should always choose the rules of the duel.

Just a couple things like "First clean hit" (~20% hp loss) or "Non-lethal" (~96% hp loss), and a few time limit options would go a long way to improving the experience for people.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  9. agra

agra Avatar

Yep. The additional feature of non-lethal combat. Best and simplest innovation PvP could have, imho.

" This hex is flagged for non-lethal PvP. " No rewards, no death, no looting, just fighting until unconscious. Like a big bar brawl. :)

For balance, players could be made un-attackable until they reach full health, after being rendered unconscious. No downsides that I can see.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't know if it would make sense to flag a whole hex :D But I mean, when you initiate a duel, there could be a checkbox "to the death" so you can chose an unfriendly or friendly duel.

Outside of initiatied duels, I don't know where it makes sense to force this. Bar brawls? But its not like death is being taken away its that your fists are more likely to hurt people than kill them. If there was a normal mechanism for unconsciousness in combat mechanics that would be cool.

I think for things like tournaments, it should really be set up as party vs. party duels (and then many vs. many duels also) where you could join a team, and then people could sit out of the fight.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  11. agra

agra Avatar

The idea is that currently you can flag hexes for to-the-death pvp. (POT's, specifically)
    Or you can flag hexes for no pvp at all.
    An additional feature of non-lethal pvp would be nice for those that want something in between.

And really? With appropriate frequency limits, if non-lethal PvP was ~everywhere? Who would care? You risk nothing.
    Even if it was a global flag everyone could set personally, everyone I know would voluntarily set it for themselves.

It could be fun. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.