HoBLotH 3 - It is well worth the cost

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by enderandrew, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

One of my literally favorite experiences in my life was HoBLotH 2. @Rustic Dragon prepared an amazing, once in a lifetime event. But the community of players was also amazing. I'd gladly pay money just to get to hang out with that crew again.

Last year when the event was announced, some questioned the $200 price. Rustic lost money on the event because he spent so much to pull it off. Frankly, I wouldn't have taken offense had he turned a profit, because all his time planning and preparing the event is worth something. But the bottom line is that the event was worth WAY MORE than $200. Lodging, entertainment, food, good company, questing, etc. were worth way more than $200. And then we all came away with lovely trinkets that were worth quite a bit as well.

This year, the cost will be $100. The event may not be to the same scale, but that depends partially on how many people attend and how much money he raises. The more people that sign up, the better the event is for everyone. So I'm biased. But I have been chomping at the bit for another event like this. I am super excited, and I cannot recommend this enough.

The event is not something everyone might enjoy, but please consider it. And if you're only waffling over price, don't. It is well worth it.

http://www.hearthofbritannia.com/events/HoBLotH3/

Jack Knyfe likes this.
  2. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

It would be cool if there was a $50 option for people who only have 1 day to stop by.

Rustic Dragon likes this.
  3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

To be fair, "lodging" is primitive.
    There are plywood cabins for a few people, the number depending on how cozy you're willing to get.
    The rest will be in tents or on the ground.
    Also, toilets and wash facilities are very limited.

The vetting process is a good thing. It will ensure nobody arrives to find unpleasant surprises.

Krofft likes this.
  4. Rustic Dragon

Rustic Dragon Proprietor of the Hearth

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    enderandrew likes this.
  5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Oh for the love of all that's holy... open admission already! *grins*

I'd say I'm joking, but only somewhat :D

I've done some LARPing back in the day (meaning: my oldest hadn't been born yet, and he's 20 now...), and we paid $75 for a two day, two night event (Friday night registration and set up through Sunday morning breakfast and break down), so $100 a person for 5d/4n? AND it is Ultima-related, AAAAAAND it is with RG and Starr and others of the like-minded variety? So VERY ready to do that! :D

enderandrew likes this.
  6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

As Rustic Dragon said, only being able to attend a quarter of the event could definitely count heavily in favor of whittling the price down some! Would love to see you there (as well as all those I have only verbally fenced with here or seen in Port's post-mortem videos)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.