Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

AFK timer broke

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Iforgot, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iforgot

Iforgot Avatar

12/19/2015 9:34 PM
    Title: Went to watch Ash vs Evil dead the way I always do. Have been sitting here at the obsidian wall Im deciphering, and for the last 28 mins I have not touched or been near the computer and never once went afk.

Also, the checked cape is messed up.
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/PuG_WOW/Desktop 12-19-2015 9-36-10 PM-752_zpsygnogzo8.jpg
    Steps to Reproduce: Cape stays that way unless moving another way

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8) System RAM: 12280
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4008
    SotA.PreAlpha.Win.64.363.Date.12.18.15
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis_Underground
    Loc: (0.3, 0.0, 17.3)

2. Iforgot

Iforgot Avatar

Update on Afk bug I was chatting to a friend on face book, and multiple times, I afked out, didnt even catch it, so 45 mins of just looking at guy, made him not afk, but ignoring him by communication with another human being, I guess he felt lonely and just logged out? @Scrambler What kinda of AI are you feeding the matrix of Shroud....

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Iforgot As of testing on build 362, I am able to trigger the afk state after 5 minutes, which is the intended amount of time. If you're able to come up with a specific repro case of what's blocking you from entering the state, please report again. Thanks!

4. Iforgot

Iforgot Avatar

@Attenwood There is an Afk timer in the over world yes? http://www.twitch.tv/blixil/v/31323858 heres 20 mins of not moving btw I have no macro keyboard either, some garbage steelseries with a game pad. I do have a game pad hooked up as well, I wonder if both of them active at the same time.. well no because when I was face booking, it kicked me out a good 5 times.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  5. Iforgot

Iforgot Avatar

@Attenwood Doesnt even matter because I have video of me sitting still not moving not going afk for 40 mins?
    12/22/2015 2:34 PM
    Title: 37 mins of afk, I almost wonder if streaming has something to do with it. @Attenwood
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: http://www.twitch.tv/blixil/v/31324291 18:30 for my puppy
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8) System RAM: 12280
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4008
    SotA.PreAlpha.Win.64.363.Date.12.18.15
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_02
    Loc: (-135.0, 31.7, -176.1)

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I have also noticed the apparent lack of the AFK logout timer. I used to get kicked all the time for AFK, and I can't remember it happening since R25, or at least not this past week or so.

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Iforgot @Elwyn It appears working locally. We will continue to investigate this issue. If we can figure out a concrete reproduction case for what causes some to ignore afk while it occurring for others, that'd help.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I seem to have had it happen again, and it's the AFK timer that makes you sit down that appears to stop working.

Things that I did since entering the current scene (PaxLair): a bunch of salvaging, crafting, and in case it matters, a public vendor sales notice in my chat screen. Then I would hit a key (usually W) every now and then as I walked by while doing stuff around the house. After a while I noticed that my avatar wasn't sitting down. I think he was getting AFK sitdowns for a while before they stopped.

Right now it's been more than half an hour since I've done anything in-game, and no sign of the AFK timer.

EDIT: I went to Owl's Head and my game has been idle for almost half an hour, so it doesn't reset when you changes scenes.

EDIT2: When I ignored it for like two or three hours, it did eventually go ROMEUS. I think part of the confusion is not knowing what the parameters are. Sometimes it seems very aggressive with kicking you, other times it doesn't.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.