What are you waiting for? Go review on steam.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Andernut, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Is the Character "You"... o_O?'

When developing "quality content", it becomes much more obvious that the games mentioned in only this review seem to have "leapfrogged" over quality and rushed into expanded content in a very graphic way.
    Such reviews reveal while these are characters that are suppose to "be you", they truly don't touch the player as deeply as our limited content SOTA. Cinematic content within these games seems like "filler in a land fill", where deeper detail into the character itself has been ignored to make way for something that could be called more complete.

Bring on the equivalent reviews in games and anyone can see a major difference in SOTA's approach to making that character on the screen "be you". The impressiveness upon all Lord British games has been always focused around that character you see on the screen becoming visualized by you as being you. It is by this standard that I personally judge our SOTA against any of it's competitors.

Anyone has something they need to compare to, then bring it on my good friends and lets see it :D Bring on the reviews...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

2. Gix

Gix Avatar

1. I hardly find any review helpful, especially on unfinished products. So I'm not about to "like" any anytime soon.
    2. I don't write reviews on unfinished products. I would suggest that everybody do the same; the last thing this game needs is getting more people to have negative first impressions due to the incomplete state of the game by drawing more attention to itself on an online store.
    3. I don't like Steam. I use it because I more or less have to to play games on PC these days, not because I want to. I can play SotA without steam.
    With the exception of player housing, there are currently no feature in the game that is unique AND polished to make the game stand out from the plethora of other games out there. The good stuff is coming; it's just not there yet. Why rush?

You want the devs to hear our voices? They can do it right here. This is their official platform, after all.

For it to be in Beta, the content kind of needs to exist.

3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We hear you! We greatly appreciate all reviews that are fair and mean well, whether they are in a positive or critical way.

4. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

I posted a critical review on steam. It is honest and heartfelt. We are not able to to it here for negative feedback is not welcome. I encourage all to post their true feelings on steam, as it is not biased.

Ice Queen, Weins201, kristof and 2 others like this.
  5. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I haven't reviewed SotA yet on Steam and I'll probably not for quite a long time. Also steam doesn't have a "mixed" opinion option which is how I currently feel anyway.

You should all get on steam anyway for all the other great deals.

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
  6. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Im sure there are a ton of people you could give your account to and a good number who would buy it!

While I accept you are unhappy with the direction the game has gone, I don't think there have been opinions squashed here. I have seen insults removed or threats of litigation and fighting but not someone simply saying I don't like the combat because. Or I don't like the way they are implementing X.

Having seen your review it actually doesn't say anything about the game but that's fine and your choice.

I'm encouraging people to review on steam so thanks for sharing you already had.

7. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

The game is no where near complete enough to give a review on the game itself ( at least not as a whole ) ( even less a heartfelt review ). about 1/3 or more is still not in and there is tons of bugs/crashes at the moment so until December or later I do not see how a fair review can be done on the game as at the moment it is not Really a fully working game.

I have seen a lot of good things since I joined. the devs do listen to its community as a whole, and do reach out above and beyond to answer questions.
    Admitting something is just not working is a hard thing to due after so much work and to start over from scratch takes courage and that,s exactly what the devs did concerning the targeting system and the way the mouse works now.
    I see extreme potential for all kinds of things and is why we need to wait and see in the months to come..
    The community here is one of the best I have encountered so far. everyone very eager to help and very generous too.

I have posted my concerns here on many occasions and not once was it removed or altered in any way. I did however added my own thoughts and "Possible solutions". Well some stayed the same some changed as a result.

8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I don't necessarily think a game has to be complete before a review is made although I respect someone's wanting to do so. My review was truthful and mainly spoke about the team, vision, and progress I've seen made. I also update I'd every so often.

If I was reviewing this forum I'd say that after coming to the end of any page, this is still my favorite thing to see and I'm much happier for it:

Show Ignored Content

Moiseyev Trueden, Zader and Time Lord like this.
  9. Womby

Womby Avatar

You can export your Steam games to discs if you like: Steam | Backup and Restore Games

10. Womby

Womby Avatar

If you give it to me I promise I won't hand it back. :)

11. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

I did not think this thread was to debate personal reviews. Thank you for reading mine, as you and only a few others know my real name as you have dealt with 10's of thousands of my dollars in exchanges. You have always been really nice and professional so please do not turn this thread into a moral debate over what I posted there. Instead just be glad that I posted and be glad that I am trying to get others to post over there without prejudice. I said nothing about how I voted other than it was negative. You brought all the other information into it. Good day sir.

12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I didn't realize that. Thanks for the heads up (time to back up a LOT of games in my bought but never played queue).

Leelu, 4EverLost and Time Lord like this.
  13. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

I've been drafting a review of SotA since I logged into Owl's Head for R1 and each release I tweak the review a little bit. I MIGHT post my review after a few weeks of R32 play now that we don't have wipes keeping us from deep diving into the game's later content but I have been doing my part to upvote the reviews that I deem "helpful" whether they're positive or not. I believe the coming months we as a community can push that mixed review status into the positive realm.

14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I don't think I debated your review, nor did I go into details about the review or morals. One line of my post noted your review, the rest was disagreeing that one is prevented from posting negative feedback - the only reason I responded was because of this in your previous message (I disagree that we are unable to give negative feedback in the forums).

PS> I wasn't the first to notice your review and who it belonged to, you have posted your identity a number of times in the forums perhaps unintentionally - I'll send you a PM so you can fix that.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If the game starts to get better, people will give it better reviews.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Xandra7, Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  16. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Yes, that makes sense.

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  17. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

That is fine, and you are entitled to your opinion. I do not want to derail this thread anymore with bantering back and forth. But one little correction. Otherwise you sound authoritarian and you are right and I am wrong.

Time Lord and Lord Andernut like this.
  18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

xD

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

You don't want me to post a review on steam -trust me on that.

20. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

If Porty aporeciates complaints, negative feedback & suggestions to improve things - ah forget it

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.