Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Something has caught my eye...

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Kittik, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

What? What has caught my eye? Is there something fancy hiding in this zone I'm being pulled into against my will? Is there actually something good I can get out of this zone? Some green mobs and a few harvestable is all I'm seeing, so what is catching my eye?

I like the concept, but make it worth our while to be sucked into this zone. Give the middle of it an orange mob or something that is protecting a chest or something...make something catch my eye or at least pique my interest. Instead I just turn around and run out.

Acred, Maeryck, Rilman and 1 other person like this.
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

.......should try one out in other areas.......:pyou'll probably still turn around and run out as fast as you can. You might even make it out.

Acred and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

If you got sucked into a random encounter with bandits, there is literally a treasure chest somewhere out of view in that scene. :)

Acred, Rilman and Fister Magee like this.
  4. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

[​IMG]

Acred and Rilman like this.
  5. agra

agra Avatar

Well, it's a chest, but.. treasure? I think they were nerfed down to a single reagent as loot back in R28(?) and have been that way ever since.

Acred and Spoon like this.
  6. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

This happened to me last night and the chest was empty. It would be nice if loot spawned when you entered the instance. As it stands, I think that maybe if someone else has entered a random encounter recently, it's possible you are essentially getting their leftover instance.

Acred likes this.
  7. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I ran into this as well. Cleared the area and went to go pop open the chest. I wasn't expecting more than maybe 20g and some worn equipment. Instead, it was empty. Completely empty. Disappointing.

I imagine that the scenarios are shared and someone had already grabbed the chest, but if I'm going to be punished surprised with a slow mysterious scenario load that I wasn't expecting, at least make it worth my while. :)

Acred and Kittik like this.
  8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Random encounters scenes aren't shared; you shouldn't be entering someone else's instance and they shouldn't enter yours (unless you're in the same party). So, I checked the loot set for the treasure chest and saw there's a chance that randomly nothing can be in the chest. I'll have to check with out Lootmaster(TM) and see what can be done about that.

Another note about these random encounters: If you enter a road encounter in the Perennial Coast area, there's a chance a special merchant is in the scene who will sell you things hard to find elsewhere. (Eventually, we'd like to have different merchants in different parts of the world, but that's still a ways away.) Also, if you go into a (non-road) plains encounter in Drachvald, there's a chance that a dragon is the "something" that caught your eye.

Lord Baldrith, Acred, Kittik and 3 others like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, next time I'll find this "treasure".

Acred likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When are these going to become roving encounters?

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.