Multiple town entrances, please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VZ_, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

It wouldn't be. The architecture is all in place. Someone would just have to add an object per gate to trigger when someone walked over it, and then use the scene changing script to send them to a location inside the map; some of them are the same locations used when entering from another scenario. Like I said earlier today, its not like they have to solve a new problem; they just have to implement existing strategy.

2. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

+1.... Have been wanting this for a while now. We just need a simple 'North/South/East/West Entrance' option window to pop up after we chose to enter a scene

smack, DancingShade, Celthon and 2 others like this.
  3. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I live by the West Entrance of Brittany Fields and I have to basically walk across the whole freaking zone to get to my house unless I teleport please make this a thing!

smack, DancingShade, Ember and 3 others like this.
  4. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

Why I have to use the same entrance when there are multiple exits? Makes no sense at all.
    Vendors? Forcing me to go past a specific vendor is like forcing me to watch a commercial. Not a good reason.
    I also paid for a lot and want to get to it conveniently for me, not conveniently for others.

Maeryck, Celthon, Rowell and 4 others like this.
  5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@Chris any chance we can get this at least in the main NPC cities?

DancingShade, Krohon and Time Lord like this.
  6. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Mac R, DancingShade, Ember and 3 others like this.
  7. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I found myself cross to a POT island with the boat on the overworld map and use the boat there to go back to the original intended POT just to arrive near the town center instead of the furthest gate.
    In Brittany Central, if I wish to visit my sons POT, it is better to use either a ferry or being able through the NE gate would help a lot.
    The walking distance is no fun, and the orientation also not, since you cannot mark a position permanently on your compass and would have to find a town crier first (why can't the darn guards help with this?).
    So yes, I am all in for selectable entrance points.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand
    Sea Duke of Norgard

Ember, Link_of_Hyrule, Krohon and 2 others like this.
  8. Ember

Ember Avatar

Even as someone who did luckily find a lot close to a zone entrance, I wholeheartedly agree that being able to choose your entrance would be a great benefit for everyone. It would not only add convenience and shorter travel time all around, but it would even add VARIETY for those that are just tired of seeing the same ugly houses over and over and over again. XD

Mac R, smack, Link_of_Hyrule and 5 others like this.
  9. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Not screwed. The game will evolve and lots currently considered valuable will change. Development can't stop because it will impact a lot value. Guess what happens when new land masses are added.

K1000, Hazard, Ember and 1 other person like this.
  10. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Absolutely would not be too hard to implement.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

Glad to know my idea was possible. I assume it just got nerfed by accidental map changes? Bring the feature back!

Time Lord likes this.
  12. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I am not saying anything for or against the discussion itself I just wanted to highlight this. I think this statement, to many, is probably true and as such is also fairly sad. That in gaming we've become so entitled and so lackadaisical that two minutes inside an area is now the yardstick for what's "too much".

Beli, Time Lord and Ember like this.
  13. agra

agra Avatar

Cause I live to quote myself:

smack and Time Lord like this.
  14. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Two minutes by itself isn't that big of a deal... two minutes to get to your house or smithy or wherever to drop/sell/salvage gear 30 times in a real day (because grinding) adds up pretty quick.

Baalice, Time Lord, Aldo and 5 others like this.
  15. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

Sometimes I want to go for a walk and explore my/other cities, and I do, and I do that.
    Sometimes I want to reach my house as quickly as possible to dump off my extra hundred pounds of ore that's giving me a -80% movement speed so that I can go back out and get my game on.
    This is a game of escapism and enjoyment. It's not meant to be a chore and if it becomes that the game, and we all who love it, will suffer

Time Lord, Krohon, agra and 2 others like this.
  16. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Make the entry path random. That way all roads leading into town get traffic. This would make more lots into "prime lots" for vendor sales. Which I personally would like best despite my house not being on one of the entry trails anyway.

17. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

We're petitioning for convenience not so much to nerf people with vendors on main entrance roads. Also I can't think of anything more confusing than random entrances. A new players' nightmare

18. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

No one is asking, I think, of building more gates to the towns, or placing a lot of wagons (teleporting to Novia) to ease the travel, or allowing a short range, free scroll, able to teleport home.

But just to use the already build gates.

postulio and Time Lord like this.
  19. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

Agree with your comment that it is sad, two minutes should not be a big deal; but, ...

I've got a finite time to play as do others. It's a balance. It shouldn't be easy, nor tedious. I am really thinking what is best for the game, not me, or my shop, or my virtual cat.

Foot-traffic is also vital to the game. It should be fun and interesting to walk around the zones - and I think with time, more players/houses/shops this will be improved.

I think a cart between the center and edge of some zones would get people "close enough" on some of the larger zones. I think there are too many boatmen Ardoris personally. Main gate, docks, and main square are enough.

Krohon and Time Lord like this.
  20. Curt

Curt Avatar

On the overworld each town basically needs a mid point
    And when you click enter it should check which direction you is compared to the mid and choice the nearest entrance

Krohon and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.