Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Multi Shot

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Currently, Multi Shot is the most worthless skill in the ranged combat tree (followed closely by Piercing Shot). The reason it's so worthless is because it does so little damage. If it did as much damage as the other active skills (save Aimed Shot) then it would actually be worth training up.

I would love to have a multi-target active skill without having to resort to one of the magic trees.

Montaigne, Vyrin and 4EverLost like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nobody cares?

3. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

At least they took the time to word it properly

"Attack that can hit multiple targets in front of the player"

If i wasn't already expecting to fire half my quiver and miss, I might have been pissed.

Lord Barugon and 4EverLost like this.
  4. Mogdurok

Mogdurok Avatar

Agree with this. Multi-shot is super not useful for a skill that's at the bottom of a Spec tree. It does low damage and has a timer. It also misses quite often. And when we have 2-4 mobs trained on us at the same time, we can't afford to multi-shot them anyways since it's so weak. We need to focus on taking one down at a time. This skill therefore, is very solemnly used, only in the situation where a tank has 4 mobs on him and then you multi-shot. But then guess what? We will aggro the 3 others.. This skill needs to be thought through again, or be made a lot stronger so that it compels us to use it.

Vyrin, Lord Barugon and 4EverLost like this.
  5. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I won't be using this skill unless I absolutely need to spend XP. That will never happen.

Lord Barugon and Retro like this.
  6. Retro

Retro Avatar

Same.. not putting any points in this waste of exp...

Vyrin likes this.
  7. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Agreed. After previous experience I already decided not to wast time and XP on this one.

8. Retro

Retro Avatar

I'd also like to point out Muti-shot being so crappy is the sole and primary reason there are so many air-archers as opposed to pure archers....let's see, we have Chain lighting vs. Multi-shot, not much of a choice there. ;)

9. helm

helm Avatar

So am I to understand that this patch three weeks ago didn't fix Multi Shot in any meaningful sense, correct? I have to confess haven't been following that up, the pre-patch behavior of Multi Shot was so depressing...:(

So true.

To put it bluntly, Multi Shot is an attempt to take a shot at archery AoE, a shot that misses its mark on so many levels. Besides the unreliability, low damage and whatnot (which could be theoretically fixed), it is also one of the most unbelievable looking attacks of the game (which probably can not be fixed): one puts some 6-8 arrows on a bowstring and shoots them all in a relatively wide arc, using archer's full range, really? At a range of more than 30 this looks dumb enough to make me want to dump the whole attack just for that reason.

Perhaps pure archery should be kept as a non-AoE art! Take the whole damn multi shot thing off the tree, if one wants to add AoE to archery it can be implemented later properly, using combined glyphs (both magic and non-magic ones, fire arrows, acid arrows, poison arrows, whatever, you name it).

Retro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.