Housing and crops

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Trapper, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapper

Trapper Avatar

One thing I love about this game is the fact that people come up with new ideas of ways to make money and influence it for the better. In this case, you can turn a plot of land into a sharecropping scenario. I don't know if they'll really consider that or not...but I love it. :D

To someone else's point, some threads on here have really influenced the game positively, so maybe what someone mentioned about being able to grow things in pots or pods on a roof would be beneficial for those with bigger homes? Perhaps it would require the highest gardening skill to do so, but I think that's a pretty neat alternative.

licemeat likes this.
  2. Leom_Tanith

Leom_Tanith Avatar

I would love to see this happen. Assuming I can raise enough in game gold I intend to purchase a small piece of property with the sole purpose of setting up an apothecary/herbalist shoppe. Have a little herb garden beside my house. Maybe sell some poisons and venoms under the table...hey I've got to pay my taxes somehow! Plus its a good way to meet the local freelance and guilded wetboys. Always a good idea to be on friendly terms with the people who live in shadows.

3. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I'm sitting at Knight level and this concerned me as well but with news that we can simply swap our property around this became a non issue for me. I'll simply put down another home do some farming and later should I want to take a break from this I will simply switch back to my Knights home.
    It's possible that there may be some type of fee or cool down to switch housing in game I think that is still being decided however the option will exist and that' the important thing as I don't expect to be changing houses each week.
    At knight level you get the standard housing and elderman housing options as well as any additional houses you may wish to purchase from the store, for myself I've added the Tower home.

Star advised Knight is very popular if this runs out no way of knowing if they will create more, they may very well decide that 500 Knights is plenty so if you wish to go this path I wish you the best of luck in acquiring it before they are sold out.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  4. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I've really wanted to have a ranch/farm with crops and animals since I probably won't be able to afford a super big house. Also it would be a great way to make money as a resource gatherer. I'm planning on being a mage/animal tamer so having live stock would only make sense. Maybe I can have exotic animals and sell those to people as well.

5. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

I think Portalarium will follow suit with the Baron packages and create a new Knight package with more stuff and a higher price once the current package is sold out. 500 Knights may sound like a lot, but there must be about 50 Barons and above so I doubt the developers are worried about an unrealistic proportion of nobles to commoners when it come to titles. Money is their aim and if Knight packages can pull it in, then they'll just keep creating more lots and more packages. In today's update they said they are adding more city lots since all the others sold out so I can't see why they wouldn't do the same for town lots. They've stated from day one that they'd even add whole new villages as the population grows.

6. Trapper

Trapper Avatar

The danger comes in devaluing the early contributions/pledges that were given. It is one thing to do it a year or so before launch, it is quite another to allow more Barons in 3 months after launch. You sold the plots of land saying they would be finite, that only so many would be allowed, etc. and while I suppose it is technically true adding a new town here or there would be finite, it is also not quite the case that there was a true limited number that wouldn't be expanded on.

That being said, I don't think people will mind expansion of town plots, etc. as long as it doesn't go overboard and they exist in new lands yet to be discovered. If they keep adding city plots, etc. and nobility titles that can all be gotten years after the game is released then I will feel a little misled.

licemeat and Deliverence like this.
  7. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Anything is possible all we know now based on facts is that Knight's package is popular and that once sold out there are for the time being at least no more additional Knight packages available.
    I do agree that it is probable that should it sell out we may very well see another Knight package open up as we did with the Baron packages, though this isn't the type of gamble I would take which is why I purchased it.
    I guess at the end of the day if they do release more of these they will probably increase the price as they did with the Baron packages so at least I would have saved a few dollars.

I look forward to when it does sell out to see what they do, I can't help but think it might be a good opertunity to add in a whole new package instead. Such as Master Wizard start with a wizards title and wizard keep, receive an apprentice to assist you similar to the Knights package in perks but with a different focus to help break up the landscape so you don't have Knights homes stacked side by side like dominos. Eitherway I look forward to getting into the game and getting settled to see how it all looks and plays out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.