Treasure Chest In Numinous Gleann 11/14/2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frederick Glasgow, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Hello,
    To enable folks to become more familiar with my POT, Numinous Gleann, I have hidden a Public Chest with goodies for whomever finds it's first. I will be doing this weekly until January,2017. This weeks prizes are in the below screenshot. It is there,if you find it and claim the treasure,congratulations to you. 1 gold crown and 10 of each scroll are up for this week.

Frederick

[​IMG]

I wanted to add I will check the chest each morning and will post here when the treasure has been claimed and by whom.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

So last night I took a stroll around Numinous Gleann to find the chest. I love the town center and your greenhouse area is impressive. I spent over an hour exploring it, as well as the surrounding areas. I gave up to go watch TV with my wife and then to bed.

This evening I logged in, forgetting that I had logged out in the middle of the forest in the scene. I decided to run around for a bit more before heading out into the world to do more adventuring. I spent another thirty minutes running around and petting my cat, listening to Leonard Cohen on Spotify. I made a decision randomly to explore an area I am almost positive I checked out last night. I ran for a bit in that direction, then turned around, and lo-and-behold, behind a tree I had just ran past was the chest. I thought for sure it would be empty (Most loot chests are empty in SotA, amirite?) but I opened it up to find the prize.

Thanks, Frederick!

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Awesome! Gonna check it out myself now! :)

4. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Congratulations! :D I checked the chest this morning before I saw the post and saw it was claimed. Thank you for your kind words about the town. I will be sure to stock and place the chest this coming Monday for anyone who wishes to try to find it again. :)

5. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

This is a great idea (remind me the wonderful treasure hunt events by @Spoon). I can see this like a monthly event with lot of POTs involved, as a good way to visit them and know more about their community and people (notes in chest with lore + rewards for example).

Many possilibities with this and we hope, with more sandbox tools coming.

Cally, Spoon and Frederick Glasgow like this.
  6. null2

null2 Avatar

I love Numinous Gleann, that's why I have a row lot there, awesomely generous Frederick!

Frederick Glasgow likes this.
  7. Shade Baneborn

Shade Baneborn Avatar

This sounds lovely! I look forward to visiting and spending some time enjoying your hard work.
    What region/part of Novia is your town located in? I hope to find my way there today or tomorrow.

8. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

9. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

@Rada Torment I'm confident that we will be getting some more of those up and running once Spoon has more time to spend in game.

Great job on a fun concept @Frederick Glasgow, I look forward to checking out your town (and I'll dump a note in it if I'm able to find the chest that says, "OI!") 8^)

10. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I am in the south adjoined to Ardoris. When you enter Ardoris,it is the first wagon on the left. :)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  11. Rada Torment

That's awesome, I can't expect less from Spoon and his friends ;)

12. Ihuma

Ihuma Avatar

This is an excellent idea @Frederick Glasgow! Way to be one of the pioneers in drumming up POT excitement :D

13. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Good morning everyone. The new week is upon us and R36 is closing in. As I promised last week,the public chest has been placed once again in my Player Owned Town, Numinous Gleann. I am using this contest so people can become familiar with my town. It is adjoined to Ardoris,the first wagon on the left. The offerings this week will be especially good for the new player,but seasoned veterans will have use for them also.
    I will check each morning to see if the contents of the chest have been claimed and will inform everyone. Hopefully,the person who claims it will post it here also.

[​IMG]
    As you can see from the image,not only have I included reagents,but also a weapon I crafted,one Gold Crown,a Astrolab and a horse from my personal stable. Obviously you cannot use the horse as a mount,but it is fun having it around as a RP pet. Best of luck to everyone and let the games begin. :)

EDIT: Please remember,any of my properties that have unlocked doors or basements also qualify as searchable. :D

14. Rada Torment

@Frederick Glasgow, npc houses are customizable too? or you can't put deco inside these buildings?

Good luck everyone!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Gared and Frederick Glasgow like this.
  15. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

No, NPC buildings are not customizable,but as a town owner, I can place a public chest in any claimed lot of my own, or in any part of the town.

Rada Torment likes this.
  16. null2

null2 Avatar

Spent a long time looking! Couldn't find it. @Frederick Glasgow I added some items in the chest next to the crafting stations in the square, could you please add them to the treasure chest or use them for the next hunt?

margaritte, Laurana and Rada Torment like this.
  17. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Thank you Kor. One of the town residents,Kor has dropped off some items to add to the chest. Below are the items he donated and added to this weeks prize pool.

[​IMG]

Thank you Kor, it is much appreciated.

18. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I had the question posed to me so I will let everyone know. If the chest is not found this week, come next Monday I will add more prizes to the stash. I will not move the chest from it's present location if it is not found by then. It would be unfair to everyone who has searched to have them start over from scratch. Rest assured I would not do that to people who have spent hours searching,only to have them look in new places all over again. :) I wish to keep this as fair as possible for everyone.

19. Rada Torment

I spent like 3-4 hours (in two days) looking in every corner, every room, houses and forests! but the good things comes when you least expect it :). Today I was just walking randomly and I saw it!

Didn't expect POT owers has the freedom to put items anywhere (I would not have imagine that location). I thought only works inside lots space.

Hope to see more sandbox tools created for players, I'm one of those who really think POTs has a lot of potential in this game.

Thank you Frederick and Kor for the prizes!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  20. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Congrats! I'm glad someone got it, or I was going to be forced to go do some more searching! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.