PVP Sieges and War Machines

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by WARDUKE, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WARDUKE

WARDUKE Avatar

Will player guilds be able to use catapults, trebuchets, etc. and siege other guild holdings or towns in PVP?

Although I don't think it has been mentioned or discussed, I would like to see this as an option.

2. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

I would LOVE to see the means to wage large scale warfare. It's really rewarding to drive the enemy forces before you, broken after a fierce conflict, as you stride victoriously over ground they used to hold, but MUCH less fun when you know that in two hours it will all mean nothing. If we could actually have player constructed and maintained locations that were able to engage in siege warfare and be totally wiped from the map, that would be EPIC.

Also completely consensual, I don't really see a lot of people spending the cash, resources, and time to build a keep that explicitly states that it can be destroyed by PvP activity if they hate PvP and don't want to encounter it.

3. Robby

Robby Avatar

If my house is part of the village being seiged will it get blown up?

4. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Your house probably would, but I'm sure you'll be able to repair it somehow!

5. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Well, since it's all theorycrafting, no idea. I would imagine, though, that if a bunch of players had chosen to build their homes on a site designated for PvP seige, that would count as consent. For people who only have the one home and want to keep it, there's regular towns.

6. Ara

Ara Avatar

I hope they implement something like UO factions.

7. ImRad

ImRad Avatar

I don't see them allowing personal homes to be attacked/destroyed. Unless its temporary for an event?
    I do think though it would be cool if guilds could declare one house their base of operations, and have that be attackable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.