Equipables Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Violation Clauth, Dec 15, 2013.

?

They were...?

1. Great!

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. Okay, whatever, yeah.

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  3. Terrible!

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'll go first...

I would like to see the plate armor cause the movement of arms and legs to appear hindered... I would also like more physical coverage from the augmented plate leggings.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  3. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I really love all the armor sets. The blue on the cloth pants and shirt seems like it doesn't quite match. Also like stated above the pants on the Augmented Plate armor really need to be more plate like they don't really match and the arms need to be covered. The other obvious fix it the cloak seems to have issues with clipping but I'm confident that'll get fixed when the other clipping issues are. All in all great job on all the weapons and armor! I really can't decide which is my favorite.

4. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

I hope that we can have a good amount of color choices when making the armor that is permanent and can not be changed by anyone not even the maker... With one exception... The maker can change the color as much as he likes for a shot set time. 24hrs or something. after that it done...

This could help with in-game economy. People could buy standard items from others. But if they pay more they can get the custom colors they want.

With this, some kind of in game paint or paint by numbers system.

5. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

My favorite "Equipable Idea" was my +5 Razor of wit :D followed by my +1 quip of snark.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The haft of the war axe seems a little long.. especially comparison to the battle axe.. though technically there isn't anything wrong with that but the haft of the battle axe seems a little thin. The mace also looks a little long imo.

Now.. about that war hammer.. that hurts me just looking at it. As I've said in another thread.. it looks like something only the Witch King of Angmar would swing around. The apparent mass would make it difficult as a two hander.. never mind just holding it up in one hand. Ouch.

The chain shirt I find rather interesting. I've never seen one designed to open up in the front. Normally you'd put them on like you would a t-shirt. Though I can't see any reason why this design wouldn't work.

The plate armor looks.. well it looks wrong. Why does the breast plate have a seem running down the front? The front and back pieces connect on the sides. Plus it looks strange without anything below the waist.

I understand there are technical issues so I won't pick on the legs overly much but with no thigh coverage until "epic" and bit bulky boots it looks.. unbalanced.

I know.. I'm so picky.

Edit: Oh yeah! The daggers are too short! If you were to invert your grip the blade should cover your entire forearm but not extend past the elbow. The current daggers are too short to really be called daggers.

Margard likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

+1 Sword of Incrementation

MagiK likes this.
  8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Apparently I didn't have the Iron Warhammer does anyone have a picture of it equipped to their Avatar?

9. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Another plea! Please, please, please remove the 'wings' from the insides of the knees and elbows of the armor! On the elbows you'd be stabbing yourself constantly and the knees would get tangled with each other and trip you, and just imagine if you sat on a horse with those!

Aside from that cringeworthy pet peeve, I thought the cloth was painfully NEON blue, but presumably that will be able to be dyed... hopefully to some earthy colors, not super-modern-fantasy neon colors only >.>

I think most of the pants felt... lacking, somehow. Like they had more to do with decoration than protection. But, I also didn't check out all the plate sets (after re-recreating my char a few times I quit trying to find everything XD )

10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

The links at the top of the page have the armor screen shots... check them out because DarkStarr said in chat he wanted feedback and asked that a thread get started.

11. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Ahah... and in looking at the screen shots, I figured out what my problem with the pants is...

With the exception of the Epic Plate, every single set leaves the groin completely exposed. This is a Bad Idea when you're talking about armor and real fighting. You see it a good bit in reenactment armor, which may be what these were based off of; but when it's life or death, the groin is arguably the best target on the body (it will absolutely incapacitate your foe, and then there are the femoral arteries), and these sets may as well have a target painted on them.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  12. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

On the armor sets, the Cloth armor looks too much like the Leather suit to me, as it doesn't evoke the whole spellcaster motif that I would expect from Ultima and even from standard fantasy. Robes, pointy hats, things like that, dang it! :D

The Leather suit looks too clean, considering it would be boiled and stitched pieces. Some stitches, patches, etc; I used to love the studded leather set back in UO for the look. The Chainmail suit looks pretty spiffy the way it is.

The regular Plate suit could use some belly/leg armor, along with the Augmented lacking any greaves to cover the knee/thigh area. I -love- the Epic look, though I imagine that's going to be pretty expensive to run around in.

All of the weapons look pretty cool, though for the Snake Sword, I personally envisioned something more like the Library of Scars weaponry or even the Ophidian sword where it would have more of a flamberge style waved blade. Good work so far! :D

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  13. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Where are the dye tubs?

14. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Ya know, I don't know if they'd add those or not, though I would like to see some cosmetic dyes or at least some personal touches we could make to our armor and clothing. One of my peeves in Skyrim was while Daedric armor was very nice for the benefits, I refused to walk around looking like a demon from hell. If we have the option for crafting a Plate breastplate, for example, I'd want to be able to collect gemstones, coloring minerals, and other components that would affect the finished result.

Or heck, how bout a NPC that will enamel or dye an item for us.

15. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I'm sure they'll have a way to dye things maybe not with tubs who knows.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

16. ImRad

ImRad Avatar

It's seems the swords are fairly close in length, but only one states "long sword" in its description... So I'd like to see it's appearance longer. Nothing ridiculous, just to appear as it's name states. If the other named swords are in fact long swords as well, just specially named, then my opinion can be disregarded. They would then all resemble a "long sword". :D

17. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Weapon wise the war-hammer is a bit large. I would call that a maul.

Sword-wise I like the representations.

Battle axes, one looks good while the larger one looks more like a 2-handed ax. On the 2-handed I'd like to see a little metal inlay on the shaft as to reinforce it for blocking.

The scimitar seems more like a kopesh sword then a scimitar

18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I'd go for a Dye Wash Barrel myself.

19. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

I got several things to propose:

- Viking-themed armor, since you took the first step by making a Viking house, why stop there?
    - Tabards: Tabards could be used to denote affiliation (House crest) or even for simple cosmetic purposes. Could be a separate piece, like an overcoat, equipped at a separate slot. If tabards cant be separate systems have them be accompanied by long chainmail shirts.
    - Chainmail shirts are way too short. They should be down to at least mid-thigh.
    - Sleeveless armor reminds me too much of WoW.
    - Augment the current equipment slots by leaving the statted armor on the left, but allow us to equip clothes like shirt, pants, tabard/overcoat, cloak, on separate layers on the slots on the right.

20. Margard

Margard Avatar

[​IMG]

The current daggers look like hunting knives (question did serrated daggers exist in Medieval times?)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.