Founders, Benefactors, Gifting, and Marketplace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D__, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D__

D__ Avatar

Like many others (most of whom I am assuming are being quiet about their disappointment on the latest developments relating to this whole mess situation), and once again risking the backlash of being labelled an exclusionist or separatist, etc. I just have to say I'm not happy with how this has all played out and is snowballing at the moment to the point, where I believe, will end up whereby everyone and their proverbial dog will have the original KS Founder benefits and tag.

So to this end, and since it looks like it will happen anyway whether I like it or not, I suggest the following 2 options that Portalarium should consider:

1. Just Upgrade All Benefactors To Founders Already (as it's going to end up like this anyway).
    2. Might As Well Just Scrap All These Groups And Just Let Everyone Be The Same (existing and new joiners).

This would (a) make everyone equal (so there will no longer be the F vs B feuds, or feelings of inequalaity), and (b) remove the unfair referral bonuses some people are amassing by offering the Gifting service to all (which seems to me personally to violate the spirit, if not the words, of the stated criteria of abuse stated by DS, as they are getting monetary gain - even if it's virtual and not "real" money).

Well, that's my comments on this whole business. Seems only logical to me...

Alexander, Mordecai, jamco12 and 6 others like this.
  2. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

You are obviously a benefactor. You didn't pledge during the Kickstarter so just live with it.

licemeat likes this.
  3. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Actually it's mostly the Founders who are upset over this.

4. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

That's what I was thinking too...but it's heated enough, so trying to stay quiet o_O

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I think people tend to forget that it was the Founders who requested this during Kickstarter. They felt they should have the power to gift pledges and that is what we are doing. Actually we have always been doing it, it just been moved up to the foreground and into the community spotlight.

6. da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com

da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com Avatar

I agree with OP. Just upgrade everyone to founder status now and get rid of benefactor completely.

Founder rewards have been devalued completely and being a founder is now nothing special. To make it even worse, we have people making a lot of extra referral credit for themselves by doing these upgrades for benefactors, which is just shady in my opinion.

I dont remember ever seeing founders asking to be able to gift pledges to benefactors to put them into "early backer" status regardless of date of the gift.

Also, ths is something maybe some people were doing, but everything written and all the information that we were given was that founder status was only for people who pledged before that certain date, and that gifting after that date would give benefactor status only.

So even if some were doing it, it was not common, and I don,t think it was intended to be that way originally. Now that it has been brought to light, some people, (like yourself, based on your new signature) are exploiting the situation and profiting from it.

Again, shady, cash grab, a slap in the face to original founders. Just upgrade everyone to founder and get rid of benefactors completely and lets move on from this bit of ugliness.

licemeat, Seir, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  7. monxter

monxter Avatar

It is what it is, but it's already brought new pledges. I'm a KS founder (used to be special :)), but I don't think it's making my game experience any worse to have new founders around. They are bringing in more $$ and I'm glad. Some people are making refellar bonuses out of this, I couldn't be bothered, it's up for grabs to anyone at the moment. I say they're smart to take advantage on the situation, at least they're marketing the upgrade chance and perhaps bringing new backers and hopefully increasing existing ones. I'm trying to see the good in this, which is in my opinion greater than what some of us lost.

8. monxter

monxter Avatar

9. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

Yes we are sad!

[​IMG]

10. Parallaxe

Parallaxe Avatar

11. sakuraba

sakuraba Avatar

12. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

13. D__

D__ Avatar

I must not be up to the latest memes or whatnot as I have no idea what this last picture is supposed to mean - anyone willing to enlighten me?

14. Maka

Maka Avatar

He's old, must be a founder! :)

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  15. Nuemcy

Nuemcy Avatar

16. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Nope, no free upgrades for you. shell out the extra $40 if you already pledged. (or $30 through me). If you want to win at this game you have to pay (me).

Thems just jokes guys. Seriously, though, It actually does help them raise funding for those who want those extra founder exclusive items and I feel no need to have things nobody else can have to feel special. Besides we had like 23,000 founders already.. we've added 4,000 since then. no harm in giving those 4,000 the benefit of backing a game in its early stages.

I was initially against it, and even though through this program I'm likely going to be able to go from knight to lord (or at this point, atleast gets me a good step towards it). But the more I thought about it the more I figured it really doesn't matter or harm me in any way, and it helps the company and these people get what they want.

Time Lord, Lord Baldrith and NRaas like this.
  17. redfish

redfish Avatar

[​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.