PoT's and perception of over power.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by rune_74, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Multi owning Plots are the owners prepared to give them up and go back to I House per account to make House owning in the game Fair to everyone.
    Have DEV+ ever asked Portalarium to revert back to one Land deed per account, or are they busy buying all they can.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-land-rush-begins.37356/

mbomber likes this.
  2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Xandra7, mbomber and wagram like this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Lord Baldrith and mbomber like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I wouldn't have seen a big problem with that, as long as guilds could also own deeds to make things like guild halls/buildings and by the same token there was some leeway for POTs to have lots for public spaces.

But if you own a lot, unless its with a pledge deed, you'll have to pay taxes on it anyway, so someone wouldn't want to indefinitely squat on a lot; they'd be paying a lot of money.

mbomber likes this.
  5. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

You said that in 2013, when the rule had just changed and Players Wanted it changed back but we got the usual, it's done now get over it.
    This was way before most of the POT owners and Multi land Deeds buyers had even pledged to the game.
    But of course they could then come in as Founders and get all the Kickstarter perks for a year.

mbomber likes this.
  6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I know exactly what I said in 2013.........it amazes me that you come back 18 months on chirping about the same old stuff. Maybe you need to "get over it".

I actually cant ever recall 1 house 1 account.........I would say that some people may have assumed that.

Lord Baldrith and mbomber like this.
  7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

So...he brings a concern and your response is he is "chirping"?

Really?

No idea why people are seeing issues here?

sn0tub and mbomber like this.
  8. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

They can stick as many Land deeds in there POT's as they get in.

I mean in the NPC Towns one Lot per Player account, of course some will have lots of accounts as well.

mbomber likes this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I never understand your logic. I think it's delusional.

mbomber likes this.
  10. Drocis the Devious

mbomber likes this.
  11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Thanks for proving my point.

sn0tub and mbomber like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Your position is as unmoving and irrational as the point you think you made.

If you don't like POTs, don't go to them. Pretty simple solution.

E n v y and Womby like this.
  13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Right back at ya.

You haven't heard a thing I have said in this thread. I haven't even been unmoving. I have suggested some simple rules to be put in place and have not got a single reason why it would be bad.

I feel like I'm running into a wall discussing this with you, actually I don't even feel like we are discussing it. You have totally dismissed my concerns and "lorded" over me.

I still believe, more strongly now then before, that there is a perception of power here, that I think some believe is there and some think should be there.

Xandra7 likes this.
  14. Drocis the Devious

If you don't like POTs, don't got to them. Problem solved. Everyone's happy. Glad I could help you out.

I have dismissed your concerns. In my opinion you're crying about much to do about nothing. You don't like POTs, so you should not go to them. End of story.

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

See? What is this?

What does that even mean to what I'm talking about?

Why are you avoiding the simple rules I think should be in place?

Did you ever stop to think that people would like them more if there was some control measures in place? So that they weren't some free from rules over powered item?

I'm at the point that I think that you(and some others) don't want anyone to notice there are some exploits that can easily happen in this system. You continuously deflect from what I say with nonsensical arguments.

Xandra7 likes this.
  16. Drocis the Devious

If people don't goto POTs then there's nothing to be concerned about. You're the one ignoring that. That's why I'm repeating it for you, and anyone that reads this.

You're making up a ton of BS so that you can attempt to limit what is already limited. Players have 100% control over POTs because they don't have to go to them for the main story line, nor do they need to live in them.

There's no problem to fix other than your spam.

I've read everything you've said and you're relentlessly just saying there are problems that don't exist. Your arguments are delusional or trolling, take your pick.

Lord Baldrith and E n v y like this.
  17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Disrespectful.

PoT's are more then just PoT owners concern. A lot of time is being spent on them and more time will be in the future. It's part of the game that seems to be a major part going forward.

Tell me I'm wrong about:

A PoT owner can ban on a whim.

A PoT owner can evict on a whim.

A PoT could possibly be one of the only places to get a lot for new players who haven't secured a plot in a town.

I would like to think PoT's would be great, but I see a ton of things to be desired. At the moment I see them as overpowered gold generators with no control in them at all...there is no limits other then you need to have people move in. Think it would go well if when people claimed a lot in your PoT it said "Note, the owner of this PoT may ban you or evict you with out notice."

But thanks for showing how you feel, perhaps we can work on the problems instead of trying to tar and feather other players.

Xandra7 likes this.
  18. Drocis the Devious

I think the community should feel disrespected by this thread and specifically some of the comments in it. Yes.

It's one thing to discuss an opinion, it's another thing to troll the community, which is what this thread is.

If you don't like POTs, don't go to them. Problem solved. Players don't have to go to them for the main story line, nor do they need to live in them. So there's no problem here.

19. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Who is trolled here?

What?

This doesn't even make sense. You ignored what I said which was facts...and then you called me out in the forums...which is pretty much a personal attack, that wasn't a perk that you gained from your backing.

28 pages and you think I was the only one talking?

I'm at a loss as to why any of my rules suggestions would be fought against unless people see them as hindering them....

20. Drocis the Devious

The community. Shameful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.