A character is the perfect example of why noone wants to play PvP in SotA...

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by twofoldsilence, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Here is what Portalarium officially has to say about PvP (taken from the Facebook site):

[​IMG]

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I can sign that statment. With blood. The blood from my feet from walking around looking for something that's akin to pvp.

Dreadnought and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

Oh its very clear they call PvP ..../duel and consensual flagging, I have news.... THAT IS NOT PVP. But calling this a UO spiritual successor?!?!?! is this a troll? It's more of a Ultima series successor single player house decorator sim with the option to bring friend mode items to multiplayer side. It's very clear from your posts you defending the no pvp content introduced your perfectly ok and want that, there is a HUGE blue player base that have no idea what PvP really is and are complaining about the smallest "griefing" already. It's comical. It's also very clear that a large amount of people are very unhappy about the lack of PvP, the ones that are left still have hope. :(

You know why there isn't a bigger PvP crowd left? because there is NO PVP. They will get more backing and more people wanting to invest in the company that made one of the best PvP games of all time. Change this mentality and some mechanics, get a huge player base back that want it, y'all blue players can stay unflagged and in friend mode/offline mode. If your up to it you can role play as a PvPr.

I am on the other hand am simply stating in doing this game play style they are missing out on a entire player base that has followed UO for PvP purposes. If they want that UO crowd, the mechanics of PvP severely need to change. I am still hoping they do realize how much they are missing out on, player base wise and money wise.

I don't mean to be rude or offensive but the entire forums is filled with blue players complaining about the smallest bit of PvP already with a ultra small player base, i can only imagine what will happen when they do advertising.

[​IMG]
    My issue is its not even a minimal component of the game or even real PvP the little there actually is... Not to mention, it's SO easy to avoid any type of PvP, it's pure comedy yet still people are complaining. It's clearly not a main focus on SotA, oh we are all aware of this trust me. Thanks for pointing this out? i guess ?

*[​IMG]

I'm pretty confused by this statement since your clearly not a PvPr, are you talking about virtue from questing ? If not i agree this game needs a criminal system, the one that was in Ultima Online is the best of any MMO even to date (blue, gray, red) with Karma/Fame involved Lord, Dread, Glorious etc...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  4. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Oh my god guys, everytime someone gets killed there is a complains thread on forum. That's crazy... if someone killed you just ask for "Antrax's Army Services" or skill-up urself and kill him.
    PS: You lose near no items in Shroud of the Avatar (just need to leave at home big stacks of values).
    It's a soft loot system so, come on, if u get killed more than a time it's not the worst thing in the world.

Edit:I've been spawnkilled hundreds of times when i started to play sota, but was not so bad and i continued to stay PVP Flagged (Now i spend all the time hoping someone will try to attack me xD).

Spinok and Dreadnought like this.
  5. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

Chuck Norris approves this message. :D
    [​IMG]

Adam Crow and Antrax Artek like this.
  6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What I mean by this is that if a game can be played offline and has a single-player narrative and choices with consequences, it should never play like a MMORPG. Who wants to play a MMORPG offline? In offline mode SotA should play and feel like a single-player RPG. This includes special respawning rules, real and visible consequences to our actions, the ability to rest and advance time, being able to accomplish everything alone, having a world that doesn't feel like is is created for housing etc.

7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

Gotcha, i agree there needs to be realism to the consequences. Some like to play offline, honestly the game even playing online still feels like your offline LOL. I personally don't see the point for the other playstyle but im biased wanting blood, war, PvP in a open world game or atleast a flagging system that gives more PvP :D

Antrax Artek likes this.
  8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Personally i really hope they'll put some full loot pvp zones for hardcore players. @Chris

eli and Dreadnought like this.
  9. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

[​IMG]
    Yes please. :D

Antrax Artek likes this.
  10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

And who do you expect to find in these zones? If people aren't risking flagging up for soft-loot pvp who do you expect to go risking for full-loot? The PvP problem is as much a lack of audience as it is a lack of development. If people had been PvPing a lot to date, I'm pretty sure the devs would be putting more focus to it. But they are not. Why aren't they? Because the majority of PvP players are not looking for consensual challenges. They are looking for easy prey.

The type of player wanting PvP challenges because they find PvP fun will go out and create events where people will show up expecting to PvP.

The type of player advocating hardcore full-loot tends (not always but more often than not) towards wanting to hunt and ambush hapless players who are not on guard.

If people wanted that second type of PvP, they too would go out and create scenarios for it. However, the players supposed to play the part of hapless victims to get rolled over and lulzed at do not wish for that style of play. That's why they don't even risk the soft-core PvP. Being forced to play victims would not strengthen the game, it would weaken it. Because those players would flee the game. This isn't the good old days where players put up with that nonsense. Back then, options for quality games were more limited. Now those other options are so easily accessible that they'll just move on.

Stundorn and oplek like this.
  11. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'd add that I do play Eve. I have engaged in factional warfare, null alliance strat ops/skirmishes, etc. So why do I want to stick to PVE in SOTA? It's compartmentalization.

I want my pepperoni on my pizza, not on my ice-cream.

Cordelayne likes this.
  12. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Soft-loot is not worth, for that there are not many ppl, Full-Loot is totally worth so many will try to risk :) It's really simple

13. Curt

Curt Avatar

From what i read in the first post => should it be diminishing returns for killing the same player many times?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Next time I should prob switch out of my pve no-reagent deck. (Although it probably wouldn't have mattered haha.) Thanks for not taking ransom ;)

15. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

I'm all for PVP, but one thing Port could do is put a cap in how many times a player can kill in given amount of time, maybe even make it a setting with 0 being infinite and max if 5 mins. This Would only apply to non PvP zones... personally I am for high risk high reward.

16. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Could always work out a full-loot honor system that folks can opt into. If enough people did that it would send a really strong message.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Antrax Artek like this.
  17. Numa

Numa Avatar

All Port has to do is put several Chaos Ankhs in all PvP zones. The random teleport + rez will cut down on repeated rez kills.

Dreadnought and Antrax Artek like this.
  18. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

One thing full loot would do is change the crafting economy. At the price of the "uber" sets of gear I doubt we'd people wearing their Sunday best to the party. Maybe port could put in another switch option at the Oracle for full loot. That should make people happy. It won't ofc, but....

IDK.. we have full pvp zones that are empty for the most part. and we have PvE zones where ofc anybody flagged is free to kill other flagged people. It seems there is a segment of the population (well elements from both sides of the fence) that don't want to be able to co-exist. Perhaps it's time we grow up a little and learn how to get along.

Ravicus Domdred and Dreadnought like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.