Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can we get rid of the scene loading artwork

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by Floors, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Having to see that same artwork

(you know the lord of the rings-ish one of the gate with the giant figures seemingly made of sculpted blocks - very weird btw)

EVERY time we load a scene makes me really tired of it.

Can you either rotate artwork or just get rid of it next time ? Maybe artwork that has to do with which hex type you're entering ? that would be cool

Lord Caimbeul McNokken and Kaisa like this.
  2. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I imagine they will eventually add a variety of pictures that the loading screen will randomly pick from. Probably along with an obligatory tip as most games do, ie: "Bees are really great and make honey. Get honey from bee hives." and "Place a weapon in your hand to murder things." Or maybe even "Dragons eat most adventurers like popcorn. Try to avoid them if you can."

Dame Lori and Miganarchine like this.
  3. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I thought those were a reference to the Stone Guardians from UV-UVII

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Pretty sure that's EA property at this point

5. RuvalSioned

RuvalSioned Avatar

Would be wonderful in 2014 that "loading" screens go the way of the dodo.. BTW if you watched the 6 month video, from the map to the Scene was seamless. lets hope they consider this a polish need :)

Ruval

6. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

The Guardians (proper noun), sure. But two big statues guarding the entrance to an importance place - I don't see how that's possible.

However, it could easily be a generic fantasy picture in which I read into what I wanted.

7. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

I think this is going the other way around, i.e. longer loading screens.

In the last ESO beta (a pretty advanced, XXII-Century-Ready MMO) I stared at a loading screen for close to 45 minutes just after creating a new character.
    You may argue it's a beta, so I'll tell you Crysis 3 takes just as long to load on my £1000 HP Envy laptop.

Loading Last Ninja II from tape on my Commodore 64 in 1988 took about 15 minutes, and it had arguably better music :)

So 1988: 15 minutes, 2014: 45 minutes. If we keep this trend the typical wait time in 2090 will be about 133 minutes.

8. Beregard

Beregard Avatar

Weird? I totally want to explore that space! Who built it? What's behind the gate? What lies within the tower at the top of those dread steps? That kind of mystery drives me forward... and then I zone into a cluster of grassy hills with stags. :(

tradyblix likes this.
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

No, I meant it's a little weird that the sculpture was constructed of ... bricks. Usually that stuff is carved straight from stone.

I like the art... I just don't want to see it OVER AND OVER again while loading

10. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I doubt it would be too hard to cycle all the current art for different load screens.

I mean, it was never really a problem for me, but it should be super easy to fix, so why not?

Ragnabrock likes this.
  11. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

If both gates were shut they would not join in the middle!

And the picture does not cover my entire screen there is a bar either side which I can see whats loading in the background! bug?

12. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Or "Keep children away from Lord British he cooks and eats them!"

13. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The best solution would be no loading screen at all, but I don't know if this would be possible.
    When the game still had the 3D overworld view I imagined that when you left a scene, the camera would automatically draw away from your hero, zoom out, a fog or clouds would appear and then the world view would be shown. This would have been a seamless transition with a cool effect. The same when you left world view to enter a scene. The camera would zoom down a bit, fog would appear and then the scene would appear with the camera zooming down on your hero until we had third person view.

docdoom77 and JAMorton like this.
  14. JAMorton

JAMorton Avatar

I remember that happening in that particular closed beta test which was not the last closed beta test they ran, on the last test they had solved the problem and loading times were normal and down to less than a minute.

That's a cool idea, :cool: now all we need is the original overhead map back. Back to the fight on the other thread then :D

15. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Titanfall and Crysis 3 still take ages :(

But anyway, I was being sarcastic there. Down with the loading screens! Up with cool (and quick) transition effects!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.