1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Chris' Release 7 brain dump!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Thanks for answering quickly I'm hoping to upgrade eventually but hopefully it's good enough for basic play for now

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

@Sindariya: I congratulate you on your creativity in attempting to break the server by such a cleaver means!
    /hats off
    /respect

Time Lord, Mata, Olahorand and 2 others like this.
  3. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

I'd like to see this - being able to zoom out and get an idea of the overall size of the world is always a nice thing, but maybe it wouldn't be necessary until Episode 2. Although I guess that depends on how long it would take to scroll around Novia with the current 3D map...! I found it a bit awkward at times and often couldn't scroll to the ends of the island until I actually moved my Avatar, but it's early days and hopefully improvements are coming. :) Perhaps they don't want to let us scroll too far because they don't want us trying to move past dozens of hexes at once - but I'd like to be able to see what's out there (within reason) and decide which direction I want to head in, even if I can only get there in short hops.

Maybe a non-interactive version of Stephen's cloth map could be used for a 'world view', as it had a lot of charm and deserves to be included in the game somehow. (I just didn't think it was wholly suited to the job it was trying to do as an interactive map.)

On a different subject:

With regard to item limits on lots - considering the amount of extra space there'll be in basements, and the fact that some of those upper-tier pledge houses are pretty big, some people are probably going to want to put a lot of stuff into their homes. Is there any chance that 'combined' decorative items might become available, such as a food-laden table or a filled bookshelf that counts as one item, to reduce the number? ( I realise that you wouldn't then be able to take a book off the shelf to read it, but these could be for display purposes and other shelves could have individual books placed on them like we can now.)

Hopefully the item limit will be able to be set quite high (maybe it can vary with the lot size), otherwise anyone who wants to build a usable library, for example, will have some trouble. :)

Time Lord and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.