Confused MMO or Not? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpinks, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sslaw

sslaw Avatar

I agree, I doubt this game will be open-world.

I don't know how they plan to have spontaneous player interactions if there is no open-world.

It would appear player interactions happen only in cities.
    So, PvP maybe like instances? Like WOW?

2. Anuuk

Anuuk Avatar

I've tried every which way I can imagine how they'd make this a single player game but also a multiplayer game but in the multiplayer aspect to not have a server we all connect to. I'd have to imagine for them to pull this off they'd have to invent a new technology that allows this to happen. Something we haven't seen yet but if no new tech is being developed then there has to be a server of some type to allow multiple people to all be in the same place at the same time... Unless people will be logging into other peoples games.. but then that's still part of the server/client model just not a central server.

This all creates tons of questions though. Like for instance, if I have a blacksmith shop and I live in a house on the second floor. This exists on my computer, but then how would other people come in contact with my shop unless they logged into my computer? Unless the only way to have a shop or a house is on an actual server, which means I had to login to that server, which means my shop isn't really mine because it exists outside of my games physical install, but Richard said there will be no server we login to?? How is this possible?

Note: I know none of you have these answers. I'm really just rambling my ideas here but maybe someone from Portalarium could jump in and clarify this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.