Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Controls, movement and navigation

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Brondator, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brondator

Brondator Avatar

Hi there,

first of all, thank you Port for a (prolonged) R11 Alpha-Test. :)

Just wanted to mention what annoyed me the most: controls.

As an UO vet I am not a fan of the WASD system but i am willing to learn (and felt quite ok about the WoW movement controls). ;)

Three things:

1. I would love to see the option for a center camera in the back of the avatar. Especially when it comes to chasing foes or escaping, things get confusing and you cant see obstacles in your backward movement. So if the camera followed you automatically in center position this would be way easier. The card deck system makes this even more complicated.

2. As an alternative method there is mouse controls (right + left button) available. Unfortunately this doesnt work on the overland map. Fine navigation via WASD can be frustrating here - dunno how many times i got stuck at Owls Head bridge, until I managed to cross it.

3. Dungeons: I tested DragonĀ“s lair, sewers and even simple basements. In narrow corridors with up and down paths you completely lose track, since there is walls/rock everywhere. I found navigation here quite difficult and esp. in battle situations (like e.g. DragonĀ“s) this was deadly.

Hope this feedback might be helpful - I know we are talking about a pre-alpha here.

Thx for some thrilling days IG so far.

*salutes*

/Bron

Mata likes this.
  2. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

I agree movement on the mini map needs to be fixed.

Siriustar likes this.
  3. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Brondator!

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.