1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Darkstarr's Release 6 Impressions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mata

Mata Avatar

Willkommen Raffy

2. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Since this was your first time in, let me warn you, your progress will be lost. You'll have to start over with each release. Not a big deal, but it can be a shock if you're not expecting it!

Glad you loved it!

Olahorand and Raffy like this.
  3. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Thank you DarkStarr for your gracious comments about PaxLair. The work your team did on "polish", housing, emotes, and communication made building a town look and feel... well, like a town! We look forward to building PaxLair in R7.

I hope several other "player towns" are also formed by leaders and groups to take advantage of these pre-alpha releases. It would be fun to explore some treaties, trade routes, tournaments, and events between player towns (a bit of role-playing, yet we can also discover what is needed by the game mechanics too).

In R6, we met so many new people, held events, did tours, had speeches, created videos (which are not all processed and published yet), and were live on Avatars Radio and SotA Wiki several times. I thank so many people involved and we were honored to provide a royal tour to you, Lord British, and Lady FireLotus. Just within R6, I believe many people got to know each other and will have lasting friendships long into SotA and perhaps beyond. I know I did.

Here is our link to Building PaxLair in R6.

4. Shortina

Shortina Avatar

Thank you for that clarification, I assumed it would be wiped before alpha. Re-decorating should be a breeze as I found that one can shift to slow rotate objects (although shift was popping up the chatbox). :) I will not be scared dying (in-game) now, can't wait for R7!!1

5. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Thank you for a truly amazing weekend. I can't wait for R7 now. :)

6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Sorry to hear that. It always ran "OK" on my laptop (i7, 2 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, fairly standard 1 Gb video card.) Had to turn the video quality down to "fastest" otherwise it was really choppy, but it did work. Got a new system now that runs much better, but that's another story and not relevant. Hope it improves for you.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  7. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

8. Miri

Miri Avatar

Well if you ran "ok" on an i7, I don't have much hope as I am running on a laptop with an i3 processor , 4 GB RAM and some generic video card. So I think I will be in old Britannia for the time being. Fortunately, I am still happy there :)

9. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Ah. No promises, but there may be hope. Chris in his post mentioned memory issues - to an ordinary mortal like me it sounds like throwing things willy-nilly into a suitcase or box; if you take time to slowly and methodically pack them neatly you find you only need half the space!
    They haven't done a proper "memory pass" yet, and the next two releases will be "more stuff in the suitcase". But the one after that will be a quarterly polish; among other things they will take time to "pack things more efficiently". Or whatever. Long story short - the game should eventually require less memory. So you might be OK. If the releases to R5 worked for you, then you could (eventually) be in luck.

Miri likes this.
  10. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yeah, my specs are the same except I have a 4Gb video card. Still had to turn down the video quality from "fantastic" down to "beautiful" to run at about 15-20 fps :( I actually turned it down to "fastest" as well at one point, but that didn't seem to improve the frame rate very much at all (still couldn't make it to 30 fps).

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.