1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Fancy Hand Fans!

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Scottie, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

And apparently, like Starr just mentioned, the fan emote is teachable! I didn't know that! Cool, eh?

Acred, Leelu, lollie and 2 others like this.
  2. lollie

lollie Avatar

Your designs are truly beautiful! Nice work.

Scottie and Leelu like this.
  3. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I love the ornate ones. Great Job. Thank you.

Scottie and lollie like this.
  4. Scottie

Hey there!

As a quick addendum (which I also added to the initial post at the top), and to disambiguate and clarify the situation, I was also tasked to create a special, separate fan for the sake of those who helped us achieve that particular goal for the telethon! Originally I had assumed that the more rustic “craft-able” version I made first was ALSO meant to be the telethon goal fan,…but as it turns out, it makes more sense to have a fancier telethon version, while allowing those who wish to learn the basic “fan emote” (from willing telethon participants and their students) to craft their own fans with a recipe that makes the rustic woven-straw version you’ve already seen!

The fan created exclusively for the telethon recipients is of a similar woven straw design, but with a darkly-painted interior adorned with a striking silver weave over a tan base! Here’s what it looks like!

[​IMG]

Those who received the fan emote through the telethon will have access to both this special fan as well as the basic rustic straw version, and can teach this emote to others in-game. These avid pupils will be able to craft the simple straw fan for themselves in turn… Fun!

Hopefully that explains things! Sorry for any confusion I may have caused in my excitement to post these images. I just love these kinds of little world details, and wanted to share!

Scottie ^_^

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, I always thought it would be a fun idea if random NPC showed up from time to time at the docks, or in the taverns, in some towns, whether traders, or hirelings, or quest-givers, or other visitors; and the traders would offer in some cases rare items from foreign lands. :D

At any rate,

/fandance

Lord-Galiwyn and Kambrius like this.
  6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Dev+ worthy content! Congratulations!

7. lollie

lollie Avatar

Hey @Scottie - the fan emote still isn't teachable, can someone fix this for us? Went and bought the fans from addon store but nobody is able to teach the emote :/

8. Scottie

Oh!!! I'll have to check on this! Essentially, the "teach-ability" of any emote is merely a setting on our end...so I'm surprised it's not working now... I'll ask those who flip the switches on those things what's up with that, and let you folks know!

Scottie ^_^

iansmellios and lollie like this.
  9. lollie

lollie Avatar

Awesome, thanks a ton :)

10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Please report issues like this in bug forums. But I have entered this bug for you in the meantime

lollie likes this.
  11. lollie

lollie Avatar

Thanks, Net reported this in the bugs forum ages ago btw.

12. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Would be nice if these were placeable as deco too, hopefully that will come in the future with gear being placeable?

lollie and Scottie like this.
  13. Scottie

That's the plan! The code for that is apparently already there, and for many of these kinds of items there is separate decorate-able art waiting in the wings (separate from the equip-able model, which has to have a different pivot point to attach to the character)... Once we have the chance, we'll start hooking these together so that, to the player, it's a seamless system! ^_^

14. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Awesome! Super excited thanks @Scottie

Scottie and lollie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.