If SOTA will have 5 episodes ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeRz, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeRz

BeRz Avatar

and we bought the first game, the rest are free-dlc or will have to buy them?

http://sota.ultimacodex.com/2013/03/shroud-of-the-avatar-will-be-a-series/

2. sslaw

sslaw Avatar

Probably have to buy them.
    Which I don't mind.

3. Francis_Marsten

Francis_Marsten Avatar

Each episode is a separate purchase as it expands expands the world map and provides new content and story events.

4. BeRz

BeRz Avatar

I cancel my pledge right now.

Thank u guys.

5. Baer

Baer Avatar

I have no problem with buying the follow on episodes? This pledge gets you the first episode as well as whatever you also get with your level of pledge. If you like it and want to get the next one I assume it will be a purchase just like getting the upgrade or next version of any game.

6. Bloodnite

Bloodnite Avatar

Episode = expansion... this would be no different than expansions that came out for Ultima Online that you had to pay for. Everyone wants something for nothing. Keep in mind how much time, money, and effort it will take them to create each episode. I'm fine with paying for the additional episodes (expansions).

7. DamoclesXV

DamoclesXV Avatar

You just can't make 1 game and 4 expansions without money... that's life

8. The Nude Wizard

The Nude Wizard Avatar

Although the thought of paying for future "episodes" doesnt bother me personally and I don't get BeRz's expectation of 5 years of content, support and upgrades for a 25-40 contribution. I'd just like to point out on the recent Elite: Dangerous kickstarter they guaranteed "free" expansions to the higher level backing tiers in the future.

I mean when you look at the $125+ backing tiers there isnt a great deal of "value" being offered for what is a sizable step up in investment. I understand fans wishes to contribute more for ingame advantages and nods to their fandom and I'm not hating or complaining, i backed at a much higher level but just saying there is probably room for something like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.