Is the online map still up-to-date? Questions about Owl's Head

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kara Brae, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I haven't been actively playing SotA for a few years now, but I still log in once in a while to visit my old homestead and I look at the online map every now and then to refresh my memory of where the towns are and what their names are.

Is the map still accurate? World Map (shroudoftheavatar.com)

If so, what about the tool tips showing the number of lots and free lots? Are they up-to-date? I took a look at Owl's Head today and saw that 100% of the lots were taken. Is Owl's Head really still a thing? I never understood the obsession with that town. In the very early pre-alpha stage it was understandable because the Hidden Vale was the only land mass available to play on. But I never liked the layout of Owl's Head - it was such a pain in the neck to walk so far to get to the bank, shops, etc. and it never had an oracle. Are lots there still premium property, and if so, why?

Cordelayne and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Nope, well out of date (Hi Kara :))

Beaumaris, FrostII and Kara Brae like this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

It is however still valuable for those scenes that ingame have lost their map.

And *some* things are still functional - e. g. when I claimed a lot in Yew my name was on the "obsolete" map within an hour.

Beaumaris and Kara Brae like this.
  4. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

That's interesting - I checked a few towns the other day and the lot data was well off

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Probably because I´m logged in to the forum and the map when I have the game running so that I can updage my status?

Edit: Yes, updated again. I claimed a lot in Eastmarch for testing and the map promptly updated less than a hour later.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the online map still updates ownership info for lots that already existed when it stopped getting new ones so, as the oldest ones in the game, owl's head should be accurate.

Kara Brae likes this.
  7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Aha that makes sense thanks