Lets Discuss the Resurrection Ankhs

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by One Zero, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

And if the people doing the res killing are in a group covering all the respawn locations.

Adam Crow likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

They sound pretty persistent. At that point I say good for them, that's some really tactical rez killing.

Armar, Preachyr and Audacity like this.
  3. Levon LaJiqu

Levon LaJiqu Avatar

see: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...one-hour-or-more-ban-from-zone-ondeath.75550/
    Please post any responses to this idea in the above thread. I post it here as it would be a solution to the OP.

I propose a one hour or longer ban from zone when killed from pvp combat.

What is fun when I'm xp'ing, is to notice a blur moving around me, then check the Price of the Oracle and notice three items have been pick pocketed, then equip my pvp deck and cast Reveal Hidden, then fight and kill that pvp'er.

What is NOT fun is when the above statement occurs, then that pvp'er returns over and over and over and continues to try and mez / pick pocket you completely disrupting your xp'ing.

Some may retort that you gain items every time you kill them so they're return should be welcomed. My counter is that the majority of pvp kills yields no great reward especially when your enemy has prepared their inventory for pvp.

Should a pvp'er disrupt your xp'ing? Absolutely.
    Should a pvp'er disrupt your xp'ing after being killed by you within an hour of death? Absolutely NOT.

The issue with resurrect kills would also be rectified by banning the pvp'er from the zone they were killed in for one hour or more, and zoning them to the over world map upon death.

EDIT:
    Baron Drocis Fondorlatos had a great idea of adding the one hour restriction from the zone to the Price of the Oracle allowing for both the killed and the killer to remove the ban before one hour has passed by paying the ransom or forgiving the ransom respectively.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  4. Armar

Armar Avatar

Indeed.

Yep, problem solved.

OMG, thats nasty... better nerf something....

No, nothing to fix...

// Armar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.