Make PVP zones worth fighting for (Lunar event suggestion)

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Zapatos80, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Factions / Guilds with territory to fight over and own is what's needed...its that simple!

antrax1990x and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I agree that we need that TOO....but that's only one piece of the puzzle. If all we get are guild mechanics, we'll simply have a system where the largest guild wins everything and says "join us or die".

It's not that simple, unfortunately.

Bow Vale likes this.
  3. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Supposed to, but they don't.

4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Its NEARLY that simple :)

5. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Yes, that's why a focused, one-night lunar event focusing single zones would concentrate the population in bursts for those highly lucrative, but risky, areas :)

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

But assuming the game does well.. a low population is ultimately self correcting. Which is why I think the focus should be more on improving systems than improving zones. I'm pretty sure the initial function of the PVP only zone was to concentrate PvP activity in the first place, you would always be assured someone to fight if you met someone there.

I'm not particularly a fan of zone rules but apparently special rules for zones are an easy fix for 'edge cases'. I'm not always a fan of the easy fix either. :) I'm of the mind that more natural solutions ultimately cover the most situations without causing additional issues which should justify the effort to implement them. I don't like ransom, body part trophies or zone rules for this very reason but that is neither here nor there I suppose.

With a proper ruleset with a well implemented system and a healthy post-commercial population, PvP zones shouldn't be necessary.

7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I would simply run enough guildies to lock the zone down. Or go till the instance cant support enough people, and force opens a new one.

Why would we even fight another guild? Hey, we got this today, you guys got tommorow. (ignoring the other 50 pvp zones ) lol

This would just turn into over farming a safe zone. And exactly why this isnt put in.

Objective based PVP is needed for PVP zones to work.
    If i wanted random encounter PVP, i would just flag and wander around.

Why have PVP zones if you can flag anywhere =P lol

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.