My Main Concern After Playing Release 1

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Miganarchine, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grak

Grak Avatar

I want housing off in the wilderness where there is not a safe zone. Where you know you will die at the hands of bloodthirsty Orcs!

Ee iz Grak, ee lub blud!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

Gunga Din likes this.
  2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Have no love for instanced housing. Enjoy seeing how creative folks are.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Since houses are pre-built, and lots pre-planned, the only creativity will be how one decorates their lawn. I can imagine it will range all the way from god-awful gawdy to very nice.

wagram likes this.
  4. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Thats not entirely accurate. Interiors will be decoratable as well, not just exteriors.

After listening to LB and DS talk today during the webcast, it also sounds like some towns are going to grow organically, meaning lot placement will no longer only be in grids like we've seen to date. Its worth listening to just to hear that segment.

That said, it would be nice if we could move the houses around on the lot if there is space available. Who knows, maybe that is in the works as well.

5. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I was referring only to the outside appearance.

I'm assuming many houses will be locked and not public, so this would still hold true for what I would assume would be a majority.

6. smack

smack Avatar

House location on the lot will be in a fixed location in Ep1. So no variable placement.

7. Ziv

Ziv Avatar

My opinion is that if you made everyone's house a locked door, only allowing the owner to enter, the towns and cities would less to explore . I feel like having the inside of home be accessible to everyone seamlessly from the city streets is more immersive; the same way if all the zones were connected with no loading screen, it feels slightly less like a game. This is my opinion and yes, there are people that feel differently. However since Lord British's vision for SoTA is NOT having instanced housing, that is one of the many reasons I am playing it.

8. Ziv

Ziv Avatar

My point was that entering a home seamlessly from the city streets would be more real and just a little bit less like a video game. It is my opinion and one of the reasons why I want to play SoTA.

Also, Im sure many players would like to put up christmas trees by their windows in December allowing players on the streets to see it.

9. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

If they design houses similarly to UO, houses will be locked, and only people who are co-owners or friends will be able to enter. If everything is locked down, I don't see the point in going into other's homes unless you want to see how they decorate. But beyond that, if I had a house, I wouldn't want just anyone able to wander into it at anytime. If I had a (bad or good) reputation, hoardes of people might harass me and crowd my house.

Realistic? I dunno. If you could just wander into anyone's house (like your favorite musician or actor or politician), it could be a real serious problem, eh?

10. Bothor

Bothor Avatar

Concerning the locked door, shouldn't that be the owner's choice? That's not uncommon to see in games. I build the door and have the key. When I'm at home, I may want to leave the door open for guests to come in. When leaving, one can just lock the door. Seems realistic enough to me.

As for the instanced housing, I'm experiencing it in final fantasy xiv. Well, it's actually working as a hangout for guilds and friends but it does not add much to the game world. Permanent housing gives the world an ever changing feeling. Revisiting a town would be slightly different as player houses come and go.

I have not yet understood how they will manage abandoned houses, do you know something about it folks?

11. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

It's in the FAQ

Is there an upkeep cost to Lots?

Lots have an in game currency tax that must be paid monthly or the lot reverts to being for sale and the Lot Deed is returned to the owner. Backers at Citizen level and above receive a tax exempt Lot Deed but the lot can still revert after an extended amount of inactivity (5 months at Citizen level, + one month per tier above that).

Bothor likes this.
  12. Bothor

Bothor Avatar

Thanks Sir Isycle! much appreciated, I'm going to read through that faq more carefully.

13. Maltese

Maltese Avatar

No love for instanced housing. "period"

Ziv likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.