My view on possible PvP castles ruled by PvP guilds.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Curt, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curt

Curt Avatar

9 years ago I tried a game called age of Conan and they seems to have something we could learn from.

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_keep
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/player_versus_player_siege_warfare

• A limited amount of castles (makes them more desirable)
    • A guild can only control one of them
    • Can't need to be able to defend it 24/7

For me the required parts for something to be considered a castle is:
    • A central building(keep)
    • Walls + a gate building that prevent attackers from simply walking in
    • Towers from which defenders can attack attackers using ranged attacks.
    Tools with which castles can be attacked.
    • Ladders that attackers raises towards a wall and climbs up on.
    • Siege towers, safer to use than ladders but also more expensive and heavy
    • Explosives that daring attackers has to place at the foot of a wall in hope of damaging it
    • Catapults that from a range can hurt walls and towers.

By making so a specific castle only can be attacked (for the purpose of conquering it) 4 hours each week
    Make 6 castles and have each of them take a different 4 hour segment.

• one castle attackable Saturdays 00-04
    • one castle attackable Saturdays 04-08
    • one castle attackable Saturdays 08-12
    • one castle attackable Saturdays 12-16
    • one castle attackable Saturdays 16-20
    • one castle attackable Saturdays 20-00

The castle scene should have no player lots (helps loading screens)
    But it should have something similar to lots.
    'wall segment lots' 'tower lots'
    So the place where you will be able to build your walls is a row of 'wall segment lots'

On each 'wall segment lot' you basically can spend resources to build a level N wall.

• A level 0 wall segment: some rubble
    • A level 1 wall segment: wooden palisade
    • A level 2 wall segment: Reuse the add on store walls but make them shorter
    • each additional level simply raise the wall 1 meter?
    For 'tower lots' once again have a upgrade chain with different towers in.

To upgrade you will need some guild effort to obtain certain resources that's would be preferable
    if they Only exists in Player vs Player zones

Beside walls and towers could also be something extra you can upgrade that explains why a castle has been raised there.
    like the scene could have a mine (simply use the village mine basement graphics and level of mine = how many levels the mine basement has)

=============================================================
    When its time to attack a castle you need to enter the scene and start building siege engines
    something that takes time giving the defenders opportunity to do raids attempting to disturb the production.

You can make Ladders that needs to be as tall as the wall you intend to climb
    And siege towers and other siege tools.

To win The siege maybe could have so you need to place your guilds flag at the top of the central keep.

IF you successful defend against a siege your walls and towers has likely suffered damage (dropped in level)
    so you need to decide if you want to improve them again.

IF you successful Wins the siege The castle is now yours to command but all the walls/towers is dropped to level 1

Fister Magee, MrBlight and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    "I Like This Idea!" :D~Time Lord~

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I recently had a discussion with Chris about how they could incorporate PVP Guild Castle wars successfully. And i even went into rambling detail on a thread about it, and how it could be done with the CURRENT mechanics.

He told me that they were looking at having Castle Sieges, and possibly PVP castle siege scenarios.

I hoped he would elaborate a little more, but thats pretty much as far as it went.

I DID tell him that if he introduces a siege* zone like whats currently in, and do it in a castle scenario, (lets pretend central brit gets sieged) that would be a cool zone. But if thats the extent he goes and claims you can *conquor castles* or tries to claim that is remotely close to what the old promises imply, then he will continue loosing PVP crowd.

Hopefully they incorporate a proper Guild Vs Guild instance much like i described in other thread, as honestly it wouldnt take much to suddenly make this game one of the most appealing group PVP games out there.

That being said, i wouldnt be surprised of a new *siege* zone, and that being pretty much it.

As much as i want SOTA to be te next big guild s guild game, i dont think they have any REAL plans to make it any more then a RP thing.
    Your and my ideas are a little differnt, but the core desire for what we want is the same.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.