New player question about a specific goal I have

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by technipuffin, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not sure about that anymore, since the new improvements to bludgeons I am noticing a big difference. I play with a 2 handed axe. I have a friend who plays 2 handed sword who says it has changed. Oh well it could change again who knows. I just play what I want anyway which is a 2 handed axe. :)

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I use Ice Arrow ;)

I think what i understand from RP is not what majority understands from RP , only PoT Events and such.
    Thats not my Roleplay, i want to run an authentic character and beeing not punished fpr beeing no platemail, shield, bow, 2 wands, casting fire, sun, earth, Deathmage Healer.

sorry, need to take a break totally annoyed atm - leveld Fireflies and Meteor Shower to read that it only does reducing Crit Resistance for Melee Weapons annd become aware of Meteor Shower is a bit underpowered compared to immolation or RoF.
    And many more things i am really annoyed from today - not your fault - this .... ah wont help :(

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

That's great to hear! Progress!!

Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Only craft if you don't like money.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

The only people laughing their way to the bank are miners. So keep trying to get in to the 5 skulls and once you are comfortable there you are ready to mine.

You can message me in game if you have any more questions at William Serenite.

6. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

Thank you all for the responses, I'm overwhelmed with all this great info!

My response took so long as I'm working on moving in to a new home in the real world.

7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

dont let miners fool you.

If you can run a good 5 skull, you can easily pull 6-10k out an hour just from mobs/selling gear. This advances your adv skill. Also its less mind numbing then mining.

That being said, theres a ton of people who simply pay money for gold, and will buy ore off you to save time themselves. This can easily be profitable for you, should you feel like mining and watching netflix.

Theres also still a profit to be made doing pure wolves and wolf hats, altho its a lot smaller then mining, it is good for skill gain across the board.

If your expecting to make money in agriculture, you ll be hard pressed.
    Fishing is currently value less.
    Skinning, Suet sells but not amazingly.

Beetles are roughly 500g a peice, so simply running zones and grabbing cotton plants with a decent forging main skill , you can add 4-5k an hour to your run pretty easily.
    Obsidian chips also sell half decently, should you decide to kill things that route.

Personally i hold to the *get yourself as high as you can then worry about it* as then you have more options. And if your focused on pure grinding, you can pull a nice profit aswell as push your skills up to 5skull in a relativly short amount of time.

If you got any questions, as i know i ramble/type a little unclear (mobile most the time) feel free to PM me.

Jaanelle DeJure and Time Lord like this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm going to say only craft GEAR if you don't like money. Between all the work it takes to get enough skills, the crap-shoot destruction of items if you fail, and the lack of enough interest in what good stuff survives, there's no money in it. Or rather, there is a lot of money "in" it, like money goes "in" a pit.

Basically the number one rule is to sell stuff to other players, not NPCs. Selling stuff to NPCs should only be done when there's nothing else you can do with it. Even then, it may be better to pile it up until you find out what to do with it.

And join a guild so you can share their vendor. 10% fee for public vendors is really harsh.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.