Of Crossbows and Star Citizen...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ser Alain, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMehr

SirMehr Avatar

Is it too late to take advantage of this promotion?

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If you pledged by/before yesterday, I do believe you get a free pistol in SC as well as the potential free crossbow, though I think the crossbow promotion ended.

SC keeps adding new stretch goals all the time. If you haven't pledged yet, I would pledge to get the future rewards. And if you're looking for a guild that will be playing both games, MGT has got you covered.

3. Sir Edreamer _MGT470

Sir Edreamer _MGT470 Avatar

I haven't seen anything mentioning a cut off date yesterday. If there is could someone link it please
    Otherwise the answer is Yes, the promotion's still ongoing - please see Astrobia's post here
    Note there's a minimum pledge on both games needed to qualify

4. SirMehr

SirMehr Avatar

Oh, I'm a Veteran Backer for Star Citizen already, and on the cusp of unlocking Concierge. :p I just kept putting off pledging for Shroud, and just realized so much time has gone by. I'm going to pledge for it either way. Just wanted to see if I was too late to get the crossbow in Star Citizen.

Edreamer _MGT470 likes this.
  5. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Yes the promotion is still going until further notice. :p

enderandrew likes this.
  6. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

That is a bonus! Thought I had missed the boat, like an earlier poster I was commiting to Star Citizen first and had not realised time was passing so fast with Shroud of the Avatar.

7. Hylton

Hylton Avatar

Hey y'all -- I backed SotA back in early April at the Pioneer level ($33). I was wondering if I upgrade my pledge now to $40 (Adventurer) if I'll get the crossbow in Star Citizen, or if I need to bring it up to $50 to Immortal Adventurer?

Glad the promotion is still running!

8. Achillaeus

Achillaeus Avatar

Its great all the cross talk between CIG and SOTA. I have pledeged both games as well and look forward to my super space xbow :)

9. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Generally initial backer date is what is important but this is the one case where I can't say for certain... But lets face it, you want to upgrade to immortal adventurer anyway. Heck you want to go to Royal Artisan for the expansion packs/sequels. You know you do. :p

10. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

You need to get it to Immortal Adventurer level to get crossbow in SC.

11. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

I also pledge for both games but am really concerned w/ SC they are seeming more and more like money grubbing ego-maniacs. I see there new fancy offices, logo on there tables and money that seems to be wasted on crap rather then the game. But I am really stoked about Shroud.

12. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Well in fairness all that stuff was listed as stretch goals long before they made the money and it's not like they spent anywhere near a million dollars of on it for that goal.

13. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

They listed lunch tables with SC logos emblazoned on them as a stretch goal? Full sets for the Wingman show as a stretch goal? 3 different offices in Hollywood, LA & Texas. I have lost a lot of trust in that company. Changing their lifetime insurance stance. Rereleasing items that were suppose to be limited. I hope their product is worth a damn but I am done support it. Glad to be apart of shroud and truely amazed by how appreciative and kind LB and his team are.

14. Hylton

Hylton Avatar

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll probably bump up to Immortal Adventurer.

As for the CIG team being money-grubbing ego-maniacs, I get the exact opposite sense. They've done better than any game company I've encountered in my 26 years of gaming at listening to community feedback, implementing it, communicating with their customers, etc. They're truly all gamers themselves, who are taking a completely unprecedented approach to game development. People just have to accept that things are fluid and can change during the development process, which is a big part of what makes their whole project special (tailoring development based on OUR feedback). As for having multiple offices, they currently have two as far as I know (Santa Monica and Austin), and I wish they'd open MORE if it helps speed the development!

15. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

They have 3 buddy :) cloudimperiumgames.com/contact. They are also seeking corporate investors when they keep preaching they are not and blah blah blah. They actually advertise for them on tht same link above.. Invest more I game sure CR would love to use money to make more offices and his empire bigger. Because they sure havent shown nothing of a game they are making. The are great with advertising though. Yes I have the upgraded hangar where I walk around in my nifty garage. I have backed the game long ago my feelings are just changing seeing how the money has been used. Ridiculous tables, offices, tv shows, all sorts of promises and not one sample of what the game play is. It took Shroud 3 monthes to get us a demo play video. I just feel CIG is not what they claim to be so I personally will not be contributing anything else. Best wishes to those that do.

16. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I believe Chris Roberts has stated from the beginning that he had corporate investors lined up, but that was before the realization that an entirely crowd-funded game was even possible (and now appears to be an inevitability). At this point, I think any corporate investors are more of a fallback plan in the event that CIG can't do everything they want to do with crowd-funding. I definitely don't think they are misleading anyone in that regard. With the seemingly unending influx of pledges, they must be doing something right with the money in order to continually attract new pledges. Either that or this is the biggest dog and pony show in gaming history, which I don't believe to be the case.

17. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Yes but they weren't that analy specific. The goals were listed along the lines of improve quality of wingmans show, more promotional materials for SC, expand office etc. because those thing all benefit the community and the game. As for a lot of the other changes, after they reached a certain amount (I think it was 8 million) it was decided they would do away with the private investors for the game entirely if they could reach 21 million which now looked feasible, but upon making that decision they had to make changes in their marketing strategy and release scheduled to make that work. Thus the rerelease of the limited ships (but never listed as exclusive nor one time only, except the scythe and idris m which they never rereleased) the introduction of the variants and the large step up in their PR campaign.
    As for still seeking private investors now, I haven't heard of them doing so but even if that is true seeking investors in the company is HUGELY different to seeking investors in the game.

18. Sa7aN

Sa7aN Avatar

i have a friend asking if the crossbow cross promotion is still going, any idea?

19. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Avatar

Dammit, I've missed so many good things...

20. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

If that promotion is still going on, I qualify for it, I think. $150 pledge there, with a $20 ongoing subscription, and a $575 pledge here....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.