1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Player Owner Town Custom Music

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Strider99, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

Would love to be able to upload prerecorded music or sound that can then be attached or converted to an ingame music wax cylinder for play on a player owned town Broadcast Automated phonograph.

Frogtown needs Frogs and Lake sounds!

Ataniiq and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Having custom music for your town is a very good idea. Once many years ago town owners were allowed to have their own theme song as you may remember. For Wizards Rest we had a harry potterish sound in mind and got a song from the 'then' Poets Circle talents who created the song. Unfortunately or fortunate for it to be shared, someone decided to allow that song to go to the masses. Now it is not just Wizards Rest song . It was fun though to get the song approved by LB at that time. I still really appreciate the song. I do feel that having songs in players towns that represent the theme and ambiance town owners would like to represent is is a great idea. I still would like more Wizardy items to bring out that in Wizards Rest but I appreciate that we have no staff or very little anymore to accomplish much. well beyond the great job being done with limited resources available at this time.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Ataniiq likes this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I have to disagree, unfortunately.

Player Owner Town custom music feels like one of those 'would be nice' versus 'must have' requests to me.

Given that, I would rather see more of a commitment from POT owners to build out towns that already exist before we get into spending development budget on custom music.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

The work for custom music comes from the player. It just had to be approved, which is a simple job. Only have to listen to the song, if it belongs and seems appropriate for the game its approved, if not try again. Not a ton of developer time is used in something like this.

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Castle Atos has more frog sounds around the moat than Frogtown...

7. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

I think, you will not get the option for play own music in player owned towns. It's the same problem like in streams. It is called copyright. Unforunately copyright makes many things in the none private environments very difficult :-(

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Poets Circle songs were created specifically for use in SOTA so going that route would be a good choice. How we did it was try to describe the type and sound of song we were looking for and them approve the song before then getting approval from LB/Richard Garriott but I'm not sure that path and steps still exist. I haven't heard anything from the Poets Circle lately. Just a thought.