Player Vendor behaviour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConjurerDragon, May 13, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

[​IMG]

Area: Kingsport (Kingsport) Loc: (-21.837, 21.001, 87.939) DBG: S2luZ3Nwb3J0fHwoLTIxLjgzNywgMjEuMDAxLCA4Ny45MzkpfCgwLCAtMC45MjEsIDAsIDAuMzkpfDIyOS4wODg2fDE1Ljg4MTZ8NS42ODc0Mzg=

A roll for 10.000000 and 5 Slime Oozes for 50.000.000 gold.

That is so ridiculously overpriced that it could be seen as an exploit to prevent selling out everything and having the vendor (according to the old rules when the vendor was filled) sit down for not having anything to buy or sell.

I hope noone ever falls for such prices, thinking that it´s something special worth the amount, and then sees that rather common items are sold at outrageous prices. That bun has an ingame value of 0 and the 5 Slime Oozes of 50...

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

when vendors sat down, it was because they didn't have any new listings, not because they didn't have any listings at all.

Xee likes this.
  3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

A lot of players post items at high levels on purpose to refresh vendors. even I do it in some cases where I dont want to adjust prices I just post a single burn items for high mount as a vendor update item. Towns like Silverdale have requirements of players to keep vendors fresh ie not dark grey. usually though people are smart enough not to spend the money on those items but never know sometimes it happens if you dont know any better.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Which means that those people are underrunning the rules they accepted in that town. Placing something on the vendor that no reasonable person can expect to sell at outrageous prices (except to someone who does not know better or by accident) to circument having to place something on the vendor that actually is for sale on a regular basis hollows out the whole reason for that town rule.

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

You´re right - I think I remembered the "sittig down if nothing to sell or buy" from a thread in the wishing subforum.

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

the rules are not being circumvented, the idea was that we dont want people hording vendors spots that dont play. having a person update a vendor even if not making new stuff still has them logging in and participating in the market, where those that do not log in at all are the ones we want to remove to keep market fresh. I understand not all people can produce new stuff always, and usually just ask them to repost gear but its much faster for those that dont want to adjust prices because they are in a good number to simple repost 1 item rather than update all the prices. Some people use it for notes to point to other vendor locations they post that note or bag with a breif description and high price to keep it at the top, some use the naming convention to ensure the item is always at the top with out need for high price. also some times I post my ultimate gear I make on a vendor at a price insane just to show what we can make , if someone wants to pay that they can, but the idea is we dont want to sell it just to showcase it. There are a lot of reasons people post things higher. some just do it simple in hopes to make money , some do it by mistake too many zeros. there is always the possibility that someone may buy something in mistake same if someone underprices something people all the time like CICI will find those haha.

Adam Crow likes this.