Pledges on the rise

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Explorer Hygard Jels, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Explorer Hygard Jels

Explorer Hygard Jels Avatar

Has anyone else notices an unusual spike in the pledges? It seems like the funds have gone up $10K+ in less than a week. I'm certainly not complaining. I am wondering if this really is a sign of something growing, or is it just a normal week and I'm only now noticing it?

2. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

The discount from the viking home was going away...perhaps a lot of people went ahead and bought it this week. I'm sure this alone isn't the reason though.

3. Deus_Irae

Deus_Irae Avatar

I learned of this game when it was first announced, but didn't pledge until this week. I pledged after seeing that video with "Drcor of the Avatar" and it just reminded me soo much of UO that I simply could not NOT pledge. :) Not that I was ever really into housing in UO, but rather the opportunities that arose with allowing players to create their own environments in a manner. For instance the nicest house I saw in UO was the Swaggers Inn on Europa, which served as an RP tavern for yeeeeears and still does to this day. Aaaand it seems I digressed!

4. Explorer Hygard Jels

Explorer Hygard Jels Avatar

@licemeat, good point.

@Deus_Irae, digression is fine with me. And more importantly, welcome to the family. :)

5. Rain Greyraven

Rain Greyraven Avatar

I think that the reason pledges are going up is this game is offering something people haven't had since UO. You watch the videos and listen to the devs and understand that there is something special about this game that transcends the hype machine of so called triple A developers and titles. This is a virtual world, not a chase for the ultimate epic sword. Personally I haven't been this inspired since UO, I mean I'm even writing fan fiction based on what I know so far...it takes a lot to evoke that kind of imagination.

Deus_Irae likes this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

I think we're going to see a huge bump when the Alpha is released. I suspect a lot of folks are either:
    - holding off any pledge until they see an updated public demo video (like the 3-month milestone demo video)
    - waiting to bump their pledges higher until they get something to play with

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.