Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Plot Squatting

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Kirthag, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

this conversation in Discord...
    (names removed)

I understand the spirit of the Plot Selection process, and I had actually been looking forward to it. But seeing the track of this conversation just caught me and breathed a bit of disappoint into my love of SotA. If, indeed, this is happening, it is quite unsettling (the squatting/price gouging) and I think should be looked into.

I do not intend to stir a ruckus. Shouldn't this be looked into?

2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It seems like a non issue to me. Just because someone owns a POT doesn't mean they're not allowed to use their deeds just like anyone else.

Net, Fister Magee, Budner and 4 others like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think they DID limit it severely. that's why people can only use one deed when their slot comes, so someone couldn't actually buy a bunch of lot deeds out of game beforehand and claim a whole npc town.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Go Back look at ALL (at least 5 that had over 100 replies) the other threads about placement , squatting , speculating , . . . . .

This is truly a Beating a Dead Horse. And not worth even mentioning again.

Net and DancingShade like this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I just doubt it will get them anywhere.

6. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

My concern is the price gouging for desirable locations by people who have early placement yet intend to permanently reside in PoTs and not within an NPC city/town/village at all. Certain individuals are squatting a lot, then when others come around during their turn to place, and find out the lot is taken, yet could be their's if they pay the demanded price (or is that considered ransom?). Once the squatter sells (and I did ask around, some ppl are paying the outrageous prices IRL) they reuse their early-placement-privilege to squat another desirable lot, rinse/repeat.

Reminds of me UO land grabs when ebay was not bannable and the rather lucrative amounts even small towers were selling for (circa 1999 - a small tower at Yew Gate in Felucca on ebay was about $200).

If someone wants to have a secondary residence outside of a PoT - I don't grudge them that. Is not a bad idea actually.

(sidebar) I didn't read everything on the topic of housing in SotA as I haven't been following these forums for quite a while and do not have the time or inclination to go scrolling back over a year or so worth of threads. Am not wanting to discuss the matter for I know it was a dead horse back in R4. I am not wanting to discuss the theory or practice. Just wanting the devs to know this is happening right now in this release at this very moment.

((returns to the Void and the game))

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Mhhh what to say.
    I still see a lot of Good spots. I admit they aren't town sized. But they are prime location. I remember the UO times. Bought and sold places myself. And I must say SotA dosen't feel like that.
    I understand your concern. It is valid.
    I just don't see it like that at the moment.
    But than again it's still two days untill i can place and I guess my opinion might rapitly change in this time ^^

GraveDncer likes this.
  8. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    I do understand your concern, I will be placing my main home in a POT where probably know one will ever come and visit. So I placed a row lot in an area where there is ...........well hopefully good amount of traffic. Am I being bad for being able to place the row lot early ?

Numa, Ice Queen, cartodude and 5 others like this.
  9. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

"Great minds" there. I just picked up a nice little row lot myself for exactly the same reason.

Yes, I am truly, truly evil, and should be despised. :p

10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The devs have made lots in NPC and PRT enough so that everyone who bought pledges with lot deed or from add on store is guaranteed to have to claim outside POT.

As how it is right, I doubt anyone will want to pay to buy the lot since there is no safe transfer system in place yet. People can squat all their want, but nobody buy it then it's worth nothing.

The game is designed to utilize region economy, so any area can potentially be a hot spot aside from historical reason or being the capital of the world.

Also the lot selection process is based on pledge level. A person would be able claim a lot anywhere when it's his or her turn.

Even if the lot selection doesn't exist and we go with wild west sryle, the chance is that most people will not get the lot they want anyway. But they will get to claim one somewhere either in NPC or PRT town.

DancingShade and Cassandra Corax like this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:pok -:rolleyes: - - I Told You So:cool:;):)

This is only the first tow Major levels, the LotM and Dukes,:D and we already have players questioning :(the systems because players are taking lots much lower than their pledge for "Prime" locations.

:oops:I am on pins and needles waiting for groups 28 - 36 oh the anticipation.:cool:

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  12. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

IMO the "good" spots are all just speculation at this point, and unlikely to be as good as people think. One of the cities that is currently filling up quickly strikes me as one of the "worst" long term locations. But of course that's just me speculating! ;):p

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

The only thing that surprises me, is that there are so many of you who apparently thought (for some unknown reason) that this exact thing would not happen....
    I mean, seriously......... :confused:

14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

this is MYYYYY SWAMP!!!!!

Budner and GraveDncer like this.
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

All three village lots in Kingsport along the entry are taken at this time.

DancingShade likes this.
  16. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Great spots for vendors. I pass there a lot at the moment because it's convenient so they chose well.

Put those vendors up folks! I might buy what you're selling!

Acred and Cassandra Corax like this.
  17. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Everyone who can place right now - EVERYONE - have more than one house deed, and EVERYONE on my entire friend list use the smaller secondary lot deed to place in prime locations and put "main" lot deed in a POT or whereever.

Nothing wrong here, at all, in my opinion.

18. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Yea, I'm not concerned about it myself. I have a village lot I'm waiting to place in a PoT, got a while, but either way I got a spot. As far as prime location goes....advertise on the General Forum, or some other type of forum to get your name/location/vendor put out there. That way, you create your own "prime location". Me, if I want to sell, my guild has a spot/vendor in Owl's Head, so I'll just find out who owns that lot & vendor, and just give them what I want them to sell.

Also, as for those people buying the "prime spots" and then re-selling them for a lot higher, if you don't like it, just simply refuse to pay that price and move on. Nobody is forcing you to pay a stupid amount. And hell, if enough people do that, either they will drop the price down to an acceptable price, or they will be stuck with a lot they originally didn't want.

Ice Queen and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  19. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Lord here, placing taxable add-on village home first. Am I doing this right?

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  20. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Yep which ever you desire to place first. I myself placed a taxable row lot in my slot

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.