Poll: PVP or PVE - Which Are You? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gasket, Nov 28, 2013.

?

What are you, PVP or PVE player? What type?

1. PVP - Consensual - No Looting

39 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. PVP - Consensual - Full Looting

63 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. PVP - Consensual Or Not - No Looting

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. PVP - Consensual Or Not - Full Looting

149 vote(s)
    45.0%
  5. PVE - Only - No Looting

40 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. PVE - Only - Full Looting

28 vote(s)
    8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

I guess I failed math.

When did 165 ppl out of 26,000 become a majority. Maybe this is why Congress takes forever, they got the math backwards.

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The majority of the people that voted in an obscure, unadvertised, anonymous poll.

NRaas, Alexander and Joviex like this.
  3. Betamox

Betamox Avatar

This is a poll with the forums acting as the sampling group, not a mandatory vote upon account creation.

I would be interested in an official developer poll in the general forums so there is less chance for bias.

Abydos likes this.
  4. Owain

Owain Avatar

This one seems like a poor bet, based on months of assurances to the contrary. I hope are prepared if it fails to turn out as you wish.

5. Yiu

Yiu Avatar

Just see reality :

* PVP - Consensual Or Not - Full Looting 106 vote(s) 44.7%

and respect the choices

Ara and Abydos like this.
  6. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

There is an official developer section of the forums with a sampling of a sampling that gets the biggest say. It's okay to take a group of people that think kinda similar (pay to play) and use them for making big decisions.

However, when a poll gets moved to the PvP forum it becomes auto-irrelevant.

I knew this from the beginning though and thought it would play nice into the lore of the game....with peasant uprisings and all. One of the reasons I tried to stay humble with my pledge. I will be a tax payer.

7. Ara

Ara Avatar

This poll i believe is pretty accurate when you look at all SotA pledgers.

No full loot is the minority so why keep them happy when the majority want something else?

8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Funny that you say that, I don't ignore the rest of reality. The ones that did not vote.

Joviex likes this.
  9. Ara

Ara Avatar

Exactly.

It's very obvious in this thread that some have a mission to inform us and developers that this poll is irrelevant and shouldnt be considered at all.

They claim it is worthless. I believe it say alot about what interest SotA pledgers have and full loot is definetly one of them.

Developers should not consider their fear of full loot as more important then what the majority want.

They have to adapt to what the majority want.

Abydos likes this.
  10. Ara

Ara Avatar

How many PvP players did not vote?

See what i did there, you cant use that as something logical and claim that it was only PvE players that decided not to vote.

I believe ALOT of all sort of gamestyles voted in this poll to give a word for their playstyle. If you dont like full loot then you voted for that option.

Refusing to vote dont benefit your game style if developers take polls like these into consideration when they decide this or that.

Abydos likes this.
  11. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

A whole slew of pvpers didnt vote cause there getting themselves n theres guild rdy to switch games (if pvp is open with some kinda loot) soo there not even on the forums to vote. I am the eyes of 72 guildies so take my vote n add 72 more non consensual full loot votes to that

Joviex and Ara like this.
  12. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Personally, I believe PvP only makes sense with full loot - how dare you kill me just for fun? At least take my stuff and give my death a meaning.

However, I also believe forum polls are moot as forum population ≠ game population. I'd wager half the pledgers don't even bother reading the forums - except for announcements.
    239 voters out of 73,596 pledgers does not really make a significant sample. I'd actually be happy if we had like 4,000 people voting for full loot.

13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

~7 billion

That sound unrealistic? That's how many people are in the world. Now, of course you know not all 7 billion can play SotA. Who can't? Too young, no internet, cost, etc. The number of people possible to vote drops quickly. What this poll does is cut the scope of the sample group down in a non neutral method. The sample group is not logical, it's selective. The selected voters are slanted to PvP. This is the basics of polling with sample groups.
    The number of people that did not vote is unknown, so you can't have a sample group. Yet you insist this is a good sample group.

This poll supports what you want, so you believe it. If it didn't support what you want you would ignore it.

This dev team considers everything. Too bad some players don't give them that same opportunity instead of trying to use a skewed poll to voice demands.

Phredicon and Joviex like this.
  14. Ara

Ara Avatar

You and many other PvE dont support this poll since it just didnt turn out in your favor, that's why this poll is "worthless".

I do believe all type of SotA players vote in polls like these.

Why there are so few that dont want full loot is simple, it is cause they are few, a minority.

That is something developers need to act on, making a game that please the minority and not the majority isnt making much sense to me.

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Just as you assume this poll is accurate you assume I am PvE.

A biased poll is a biased poll, PvE or PvP. If I was posting in a thread on a PvE forum and people were using a PvE poll in the same way as this, I'd say the same thing.

Joviex likes this.
  16. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

We all know that this poll is Biese and we all know that thousands of players want the FULL LOOT.

Unless you do not know it yet?

Come On !

In Add: Everyone knows that there are thousands of people who do not want full loot.

There is room for everybody.

And Full LooT is a Must ! Find a compromise or something in the half way Full Loot !

PaCOatlanticBaja and acrylic_300 like this.
  17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

And there could be billions that do not want full loot.

But, that's not the point. The point is "Find a compromise or something" This is a much better thread to be had. Full loot vs select number of loot or what ever other compromise you can come up with is productive.

IMO, I'd like to see a lot of broken weapons and gear when I loot a corpse. Maybe some didn't get wrecked in the process or some is repairable.S mashing a lion with a two handed hammer probably broke some teeth.

18. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Thing is that you have no clue what so ever if those thousands of people are more or less then the ones that don't want full loot!

This poll is like conducting a poll about gun laws in a gun show! The result will not reflect what the people interested in gun thinks like this poll only reflects people that are interested in PvP.

19. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

If it only reflected people that are interested in PvP wouldn't it be more like 100% of votes for PvP ? That's not the point though, the point is that 75% want some Full Loot.

Sorry I can't resist :)

PaCOatlanticBaja, Abydos and Ara like this.
  20. Ara

Ara Avatar

Yeah PvP without risk vs reward and consequences isnt a hardcore PvP game and players that enjoy PvP without risk vs reward and consequences isnt hardcore PvP players as i see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.