Portalarium vs. Role-Play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Much of this somewhat depends on whether or not the player gives a (fill in your favorite colorful metaphor) about the Oracle's judgment and whether or not there actually will be tangible consequences beyond that judgment. The latter of which may be interesting to see.

Reiterating here (For the sake of those just skimming through) that this particular aspect of the game only applies to use of multiple characters on the same account. Personally, I doubt I will ever speak to the Oracle.. and while that may be for unrelated reasons than what we're talking about.. the point is that at the moment there is no real compelling reason to do so except to be judged and play through the story. So if you don't care for the oracle's judgment than it doesn't need to be a deterrent.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Agreed. Also, having the last name shared across your 3 characters seems rather pointless and unnecessary, especially if last names end up not being unique to each account.

I really like the idea of accountability and building a reputation (good or bad) in this game. Those are concepts that drew me to SotA. But it's tough to maintain a reputation when dozens of characters are running around with the same last name as yours. If we're forced to have a shared last name for our 3 characters then at least make it unique to each account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.